Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Hello from Kenner, LA

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by magnoliamg, Oct 9, 2017.

1. magnoliamg

magnoliamg Forums Regular

Aug 31, 2017
    Hi there! I've been reading for the past few weeks and finally decided to introduce myself. I love hearing about all of the shelties and their owners and hope to visit often.
    We have had shelties as part of our life for the past 23 years. I don't have a picture of my first rescue but will introduce you to the others that I was fortunate to have in my life.

First is Midget. I got her when she was 9 weeks old and she lived for 19 years. I really miss her
    http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b345/melnguy/DSC01266.jpg

Next we rescued Mikey. He was a character. He lived a good life one we got him and Midget really loved him. He passed from Liver disease
    http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b345/melnguy/DSC01258.jpg

Midget was miserable and not happy once Mikey was gone. We lucked into another rescue, Sophie. She is still with us today. We estimate her to be around 16 years old.
    http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b345/melnguy/Sophie.jpg

I got puppy fever now that we have an empty nest. I work from home so thought, why not. Here are my 2 new members of the Family. Bailey and Stabler. Baily was born Jan 17 and Stabler was born 7/20. They are so much fun. I hope to train them in agility.
    http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b345/melnguy/Stabler_Bailey.jpg [/URL][/IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  2. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    welcome:smile2:
    thanks for the pix- we love pix:yes:

I hope that you do compete in agility- Kenner is not all that far from Mobile so maybe we'll see you at some trials in the future:fl

3. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    welcome to you, Sophie, Bailey and Stabler - from Denmark :yes:
    Thanks for pictures - think to be so lucky to be able to have your dogs for so long.

4. ghggp

ghggp Premium Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Welcome to Sheltie addict, Sheltie Nation!

So glad you decided to post to the forum!

Your Shelties are just adorable!

I have to admit I am jealous... I have never had a Sheltie live past 14! Clearly, you are doing something right! A 19 year old Sheltie in your care speaks volumes!

5. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Welcome -- love hearing from long-time Sheltie folks!!

6. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Ohio
    Welcome to the forum! Loved seeing pictures of your clan!

7. magnoliamg

Aug 31, 2017
    Thanks for the welcome! We do love our babies and have a WONDERFUL vet to help us along. My friends and family think I am nuts to have 3 right now but I figure as long as my ROBIE can run at night to pick up the mounds of hair, I'm good. I work from home and they keep me company and reduce my stress levels :)

8. magnoliamg

Aug 31, 2017
    I might need some advice as I've not done agility before. Bailey is showing great ability for jumping and the basic commands. Kenner will be opening a dog park with an agility run that I plan to go to. Also looking into classes. This will be so much fun!

9. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    Classes are the way to go- there's nothing like hands on instruction when you are just starting out.....

10. magnoliamg

Aug 31, 2017
    @Calliesmom , I contacted the K-9 club yesterday. I hope that they respond soon so that we can get the show on the road. Bailey is so active that even a 2 mile walk doesn't keep her happy!