Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Herding Instinct

Discussion in 'Herding & Tracking' started by Calliesmom, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    so there was a herding trial in LA, I entered Jocu and Destin in herding instinct on ducks. not many trials offer instinct testing on ducks but Destin loves ducks and Jocu will at least look at the ducks- not like the sheep.
    it was the last class of the day on Sat and Sun. Jocu was first, then an Aussie, then Destin. They hadn't seen ducks since last fall- herding instructor lost the last few that she had so I hoped that they would both remember that ducks were fun. Poor Jocu, he looked at them but was more interested in the new area and the judge.... so he did not pass on Sat. Destin did all right- not as good as at the regular herding place but enough to pass. Then on Sunday, there were storms rolling through the area, it cleared up for a little so the trial kept going. Again, Jocu was not interested but Destin did well again so he passed his herding instinct.
    there are videos but I've had some technical difficulties recently so might be a while until I get them uploaded......

Cara Sandler likes this.
  2. Cara Sandler

Cara Sandler Forums Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    Can't wait to see the videos!

3. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    well, we have an agility trial this weekend so it's unlikely I will get much done in the way of video uploading................