Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Hi from Florida.

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Phil Hughes, Jul 16, 2017.

1. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ
    Welcome to the Sheltie Forum! Corgis are great dogs, and definitely similar to the shelties.

2. Phil Hughes

Phil Hughes Forums Regular

Jul 15, 2017
    We got a call from the Jacksonville Sheltie Rescue this past week and this morning we went for a visit and met with Kosi (short for Kamikazie). He is 7 years old and just a delightful little fella. I guess he figured we were OK because he decided to come home with us. He spent the better part of the day searching around the house and just taking it easy. He did not want to go out in the backyard much so spent the day inside although we did take him out for a walk through the neighborhood a few times. Being already crate trained he went right in to his crate when I put him bed. We are all going for a walk in the park in the morning. It feels really good to have paws in the house again.

Cara Sandler likes this.
  3. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Oh wow, that's fantastic news. Love to see a picture of him. Is he a sable?

4. Hanne

Hanne Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    It was really nice news - seems that Kosi has been waiting for you too :hugs

- Yes, it's hard to do without paws in the house :yes:

I simply could not wait, I wonder if it's not this beautiful little boy.
    https://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/38057547

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    Cara Sandler and ghggp like this.
  5. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Outstanding news!
    What an absolutely adorable Sheltie! I know those heart warming little steps make your heart whole!

Bless you for adopting!

Can't wait to hear news of upcoming adventures!

Post pictures when you can!

6. Phil Hughes

Jul 15, 2017

Have not been able to figure out how to out pictures on here yet (We already have several) but you can see him here: https://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/38057547

Margi likes this.
  7. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    Congrats:yes:
    Kozi is a real cutie

8. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    So happy that your search ended up with you getting an adorable Sheltie boy! He looks like a bi-black, (black and white only, no brown) like my Brooke. Congratulations, you can post photos by joining and becoming a premium member, or by including a link to a photo sharing account, like photobucket, flickr, or imgur in your next post. Yes - more photos and stories, please! He sounds like a real smarty-pants guy.

9. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    A new face in the neighborhood!

10. Phil Hughes

Jul 15, 2017
    Thanks, I just signed up as a premium member. Kosi has only been with us 10 days but he is already becoming a member of the family.

Hanne and ghggp like this.