Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Hope that our Indiana and Ohio friends are okay

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by MissyGallant, Aug 25, 2016.

1. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Forums Enthusiast

Dec 20, 2011
    It has been a horrible 9 days weather-wise. I just want to say that I hope no one on our board has been affected too much by these storms.

2. Cleo2014

Cleo2014 Forums Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2015
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    I was wondering the same thing...We just got the tail end of the storm and so far no one I know has been harmed in any way. Kokomo got hit pretty hard yesterday. I heard they were hit with 2 tornados.. How awful is that?

3. Hanne

Hanne Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Thinking of you all "over there" - every day we see on TV about your storm and we see awfully pictures of the damage

Here in our small country far to the north - we are grateful that we never experience such terrible weather phenomena.

- really hope that you are all unharmed :hugs

4. Sheltiemama

Sheltiemama Forums Enthusiast

Feb 15, 2012
    Indiana
    We're just a few miles west of Indy. We actually saw one of the tornadoes from the first day we had them. Luckily for us, it went north of us. Seems they're all heading north of us. So far, we're ok.

5. tesslynn

tesslynn Forums Enthusiast

Mar 3, 2014
    idaho
    I HATE tornadoes, they are the scariest. I see them and just freak out because I have narrowly escaped being hit. If you ever have had to abandon your vehicle, to crawl into a storm ditch and try to take cover with all kinds of critters trying to do the same, you learn to HATE them. Have you noticed they hate trailer parks? There is a RV area close to my former mt property. A tornado came through and took out all the RV's, travel trailers, etc. Nothing else just that. Not usual for a tornado in the mts, but it was like it hated campers and their trailers. It was fluky.

6. JacqueZ

JacqueZ Forums Enthusiast

Oct 4, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
    I'm crossing my fingers we don't get any over here this year. Last year we had some pass a within a couple of miles, and my sister had one touch down in her development (and went outside and took pictures instead of getting to a safe spot :mad:)

We had some strong storms the past two days, but they were short lived, and at least it's breaking the heat finally! Honey actually played frisbee outside for the first time in months!

7. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Forums Enthusiast

Dec 20, 2011
    My mom just retired from the Kokomo Hobby Lobby. She knows a lot of the people who were hit. A lot of the homes hit this year were also hit 3 years ago. I'm actually in Sheridan, which had a small touchdown two weeks ago today. I went to my mom's over the weekend, and saw one field that has a HUGE circular area where the corn is just flattened. It almost looks like a crop circle, but it was just a touchdown. The last round was a little too close for me.

8. tesslynn

tesslynn Forums Enthusiast

Mar 3, 2014
    idaho
    Crop circles are creepy looking:greyalien: