Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

How Do You Treat Loose Bowels?

Discussion in 'Diseases & Illnesses' started by OntarioSheltie, May 26, 2008.

1. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    That is GREAT news!! :winkgrin: You must be so relieved to finally have an answer. And I'll bet Sadie will be glad to be back to normal food and done with butt baths. Give her a pat for us. :biggrin2:

2. OntarioSheltie

OntarioSheltie Forums Celebrity

Apr 29, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    My Last Update

Sadie is officially better, she's eating, drinking and pooping normally, FINALLY!
    Nothing has changed since I stopped giving her the flagyl a couple of days early except that she continued to improve.

Watch out for parasites everyone! Thanks again for all the support in helping Sadie and I through this! Big sheltie hugs for everyone! :biggrin2:

3. mcguiregirl2248

mcguiregirl2248 Forums Enthusiast

Mar 12, 2008
    Britton, MI
    Yayyyyyy! So glad to hear that she is doing better!!

4. 2GoodDogs

2GoodDogs Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    I am thankful that Google brought this thread up on a search of sheltie tummy troubles. I'm waiting for the vet to open. Both boys poppy for days, but now Flyer is acting strange. He's pacing, has light muscle twitching, not his self at all.

5. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    Hope your boys are OK. I'm glad you're seeing the vet. Please keep us posted!

6. Cara Sandler

Cara Sandler Forums Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    This sounds like dehydration. Make sure he is drinking plenty of water. You can try adding some low sodium broth to it to encourage him to drink. And I would consider taking him to the emergency vet. Dehydration can be VERY dangerous.

7. mimiretz

mimiretz Premium Member

Oct 14, 2014
    denver
    My vet suggests rice and cottage cheese for tummy troubles (diarrhea and vomiting) for Oberon. Works every time.

8. 2GoodDogs

2GoodDogs Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    It ended up being a pretty severe hemorrhagic gastroenteritis and suspected (tests were inconclusive) for pancreatitis in Flyer. They had fluids and were sent home with meds that we've been on since Sunday. There is improvement but they are not fully recovered. I can the poop in a baggy but its very loose. The vomiting has stopped and the dogs are stoned on pain meds. I will never let it go so long before getting to the vet again! Of course a vet bill of $1700 was nothing when I wanted them to make them feel better!

9. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    hope that they feel better soon:yes:

10. Cara Sandler

Cara Sandler Forums Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    Scary. Glad to hear that they're doing better.