Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

How much do you pay for dental cleaning? Sandstorm's estimate is $750 to 1200, have to cancel

Discussion in 'General Health' started by KarenCurtis, Aug 13, 2017.

1. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Forums Enthusiast

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Thank you everyone for your help. I did not realize that local vet hospitals have such differences in their prices! How do they think they can compete I wonder! Now I am thinking maybe I have been over charged for other things also!

tesslynn likes this.
  2. take4roll10

take4roll10 Moderator

Aug 31, 2009
    New York
    Your quote sounds about the same price that we pay around where I live.

3. KarenCurtis

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    The $400 one?

4. take4roll10

take4roll10 Moderator

Aug 31, 2009
    New York
    No, unfortunately the $700-$1200 (depending on extractions).

5. KarenCurtis

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Oh wow. I was surprised that the vet in the next town charges 300 less, have you shopped around? I cannot afford that high cost

6. tesslynn

tesslynn Forums Enthusiast

Mar 3, 2014
    idaho
    I have found that certain Vets and clinics price per zip code-I am not talking tax, because some cities have higher tax than others at least in my former state. I found articles from former Vets that they actually increased prices based on your zip code. I am NOT making this up, go research it. That is price gouging and totally UNFAIR. I am fairly new to this area, and I have had MANY locals tell me to go to the smaller towns nearby for services because they don't price gouge and provide more services for less. Kaleigh & Savannah didn't really like the Vet near us, so I am shopping for someone they are more comfortable with. I can't believe the range in prices....

KarenCurtis likes this.
  7. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    I believe this to be true. Our vet is way is 10 miles one way from the edge of the city, and he is well worth the trip. Zulu's recent dental was $450.00 total. I called around nearby vets just to check and got $600-$800 plus any tests/meds that may be needed. I will say that he was also Cody's vet, so we stayed with him when we moved back to the city. He really treated us right when Cody was so very sick (kidney disease), sold us all the fluids/needles at his cost.

KarenCurtis likes this.
  8. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Premium Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    My sister just recently had her dogs teeth cleaned and it was just under 500.00, the good thing here is that it's the law that veterinary clinics give you a written cost of the procedure that is valid for 30 days. There of course is always a wide range of prices.

KarenCurtis likes this.
  9. KarenCurtis

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    We did find a vet- half the cost as the first vet! So it will cost us about 400 dollars, our regular vet would charge us around 800!

Hanne likes this.
  10. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Premium Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    That's just crazy! Glad you found a cheaper price...They're probably cheaper across the board.

KarenCurtis likes this.