Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

I have to share this Cooper Story

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by MissyGallant, Apr 20, 2017.

1. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Premium Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Sheridan, Indiana
    I have thought about this and thought about it. But I've decided to go ahead and share because it is sort of funny. As everyone knows, we had two litters of puppies at the same time. So- five puppies in all. Well, Cooper LOVED playing with the puppies. He was great with them. And constantly had all five in his sights. They couldn't all stay. So, they had new homes. As the first one was leaving, Cooper and the Belles went crazy. So we sent them outside so Belle could go to her new home. Then after that, Cooper and the Belles were sent outside fairly early so that business could be done. And Cooper kept playing with however many were left. Then there were only two left. And that couple came to get Shadow (their puppy). They left with Shadow, and only Rocket was left in his pen. Cooper watched his son leave, then shot me a dirty look. He went over to Rocket's pen and marked it. I mean, stared me down and hiked that leg and clearly marked Rocket and the pen. I think he might have been saying, "Mine- you don't get this one." I'm not fully sure what it means, but I thought it was pretty funny.

Hanne, SheepOfBlue and ghggp like this.
  2. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    That is a total hoot!! "My toy!!"

3. Cleo2014

Cleo2014 Forums Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2015
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    That got a laugh out of me. Haha! Love it. :)

4. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    that is pretty amusing:lol:
    except for having to clean up.......

5. mimiretz

mimiretz Premium Member

Oct 14, 2014
    denver
    And obviously he won, because Rocket's still with you. I'm sure Cooper's glad you listened to him!

6. ghggp

ghggp Premium Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    That is one determined dog!
    Don't mess with him! Give in! Relent!
    The puppy must stay!

The handwriting is on the wall! Lest you want a pee filled home!

Oh my...

7. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Premium Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Sheridan, Indiana
    And the funniest part is now that Rocket is here- and is definitely staying- I think Cooper wants him to go away. Cooper didn't fully think through to the fact that Mommy's gonna spend time loving on Rocket. So- he can stay, but he can't get the attentions. When he gets the attentions, Cooper will jump onto my lap and push him off. He's such a rotten dog.

ghggp likes this.
  8. Phoebe'smom

Phoebe'smom Premium Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Southern California
    Cooper remembers being "the baby'!

9. ghggp

ghggp Premium Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Ha, ha...
    I guess you could say to Cooper... be careful what you wish for...