Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

I own that dog...

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by MissyGallant, May 30, 2017.

1. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Forums Enthusiast

Dec 20, 2011
    There is a house catey-corner from my house that has an American Bulldog. When they let the dog out, he is on a line. Everything is steel cable- and it is very strong and secure, so no worries. He can't get to the street. But he does love to run barking at cars and any passers-by. So, he has ran out towards my dogs and us numerous times.

This weekend, I was planting flowers in front of the house. (Five flats of flowers- it took a WHILE!) DH came out to watch me. Clarabelle came out with him. He didn't put her back in, and he didn't put her on a leash because she stays where she can see her man. (Or because he is far too trusting.) We were all out there for a few minutes when she realized that the Bulldog was out. She tore off running, spinning, barking and ran straight at the dog. DH jumped up to chase after her. And that poor bulldog took off cowering on his porch. She pulled up short not even going into their yard. And then she just trotted back to my husband.

So- I own the intimidating dog in the neighborhood. And now- Ms. Robocop is on a leash in the front yard.

2. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    she was just telling him the way that it is.......:yes:
    but it's scary when they take off and don't come back right away..................

3. ferg

ferg Premium Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Ohio
    Laddie is definitely territorial ooorrrr something. !!!!! No car, bicycle, dog, squirrel, anything passes our home without him barking like crazy or if we are in the yard he runs to the fence and just raises cain. The funny part of this.... MaMa fastens a long leash to her when she uses the push mower to trim so Laddie will stay in the yard. He is just so obedient and just trots along beside her, not the mower. Chip? He thinks anyone or anything coming down the road is going to be a new friend that he must go talk to. If it is a baby carriage or stroller he just must look see what that baby looks like. Of course, anyone strange has no idea what he is going to do so they freak out.
    ferg