Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Ideas for frozen Kong

Discussion in 'Treats & Supplements' started by Pam, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Pam

Pam Forums Enthusiast

Mar 4, 2017
    Hi,
    I've been giving Beau Kongs stuffed with kibble + Peanut butter + (sometimes) pumpkin or sweet potato, he gets this in his crate when I go to work. I am a bit worried about his weight so want to cut down on both kibble and PB in the Kong. Any good ides?

2. mimiretz

mimiretz Premium Member

Oct 14, 2014
    denver
    Haven't tried this, but maybe use PB2 (powdered peanut butter) instead of the regular. You mix it with water. It has far less calories, but the same taste.

3. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    I fill ours with Stoneyfield organic yogurt and freeze them. They love it!

4. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Ohio
    Yogurt, fruit, bananas!

5. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    I stuff Zulu's Kong with no salt added canned green beans. The have almost no calories, and you can cram the Kong full of them. Easy to clean too. I make my own peanut butter, unsalted roasted peanuts in the food processor until smooth. After it sits a while the oil will rise to the top and can pour out a little at a time. I use just enough PB to seal the top and put them in the freezer. Zulu runs to his crate the second I open the freezer. He loves it!

6. PatC

PatC Forums Enthusiast

Jul 27, 2012
    P
    I used Dannon low-fat plain yogurt mixed with some crushed biscuits. It's a big hit.