Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Interceptor vs Interceptor Plus

Discussion in 'Drugs & Medications' started by MISheltieGuy, Aug 6, 2017.

1. MISheltieGuy

MISheltieGuy Forums Novice

Jul 17, 2017
    Hi everyone, picked up our new puppy last week and had our first vet appointment yesterday. The vet recommended Interceptor Plus for heartworm. I asked the breeder their opinion and she said to only give Interceptor and not Interceptor Plus. She said dogs are dying from Interceptor Plus. From what I read, the primary difference between is Interceptor Plus adds praziquantel for tapeworm treatment.

I wanted to know if anyone here is using Interceptor Plus and if they have had any issues?

Thank you in advance.

2. sable

sable Premium Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Ohio
    Honestly don't now. I used the the regular Interceptor before it was taken off the market. Now why
    our vet does not sell that med anymore I don't have a clue. I did like it.

3. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    I briefly used it when I accidentally ordered it instead of the regular. 6 month supply with no issues. we are currently using Sentinel.

4. Shelby's mom

Shelby's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    pennsylvania
    Our vet gave us Interceptor Plus this time too. We were getting just Interceptor before. I did t even realize it until it was time to give it to Shelby. But we haven't had any issues with it.