Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

is anyone using HealthyPetDiet.com or Northwest Naturals?

Discussion in 'BARF, Raw & Natural Diets' started by MISheltieGuy, Jul 20, 2017.

1. MISheltieGuy

MISheltieGuy Forums Novice

Jul 17, 2017
    Hi everyone,

New member here! I'm picking up my Sheltie puppy next week and after much research and reading, I have decided to go with a (commercial) raw food diet. I was wondering if anyone here uses Healthy Pet Diet (.com) or Northwest Naturals? My research has led me to these two brands as being very reputable, but I was hoping to get some real feedback on either one from actual Sheltie owners.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

-Bob (MISheltieGuy)

2. Cara Sandler

Cara Sandler Forums Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    We use Northwest Naturals. The price is a little lower than some of the other commercially available raw foods, but the quality is high and my girls love it. They have a variety of proteins and they also offer bags of, essentially, little chunks that can be poured out similar to kibble (though the pieces are bigger than kibble, they're still small). Both of my girls are doing really well on this food and I'm very happy with it.

3. MISheltieGuy

MISheltieGuy Forums Novice

Jul 17, 2017
    Thanks for replying Cara. I found a local (mom & pop) dog food shop who carries Northwest Naturals. The owner was very knowledgeable and has been feeding NWN to her own dogs for years, one of them being a Great Dane who eats 4lbs a day. o_O She spoke very highly of the brand.

Cara Sandler likes this.
  4. Cara Sandler

Cara Sandler Forums Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    Great, glad to hear it! Let me know how it goes! I absolutely love the food for my girls.