Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

It's almost here!

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by MissyGallant, Apr 18, 2017.

1. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Premium Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Sheridan, Indiana
    Rocket's puppy classes begin on Monday. I hope that he will eventually relax through it. Right now, he refuses to take any treats outside of the house. And we met the trainer last weekend. She kept calling him, "Rocky". I know she was trying to be cute- but it is ROCKET. There was a Rocky who temped for me while I had surgery. She was dreadful and left a mess of my job that it took me 3 months to correct. So, I can't have anyone calling my precious boy, Rocky. He also isn't a boxer. OK- rant over. I'm nervous because I want us to do a good job.

2. Cara Sandler

Cara Sandler Forums Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    Awwwwww.

In all seriousness, he might be picking up on your anxiety too. I know it's hard NOT to be anxious when you want things to go well for him but he might be picking up on it and it's just cycling.

3. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Premium Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    I agree with Cara, he could be feeling your anxiety. I remember a trainer telling me that if your anxious it'll travel right down the leash. I remember Piper's first beginner obedience class (after puppy), we were all waiting outside for the trainer and I was soooo nervous because of all the big dogs and here's my precious Piper only 10 pounds so I picked him up. The trainer came outside, saw me holding Piper and said 'what are you doing holding your dog, put him down'! I did, she scared me lol. We then went into the training hall and I totally forgot about all those big dogs. Just relax, go with the flow and Rocket will have fun, get to play with some other puppies and maybe learn a thing or two.

4. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Premium Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Sheridan, Indiana
    Actually, I rarely get to walk him. My husband wants to walk him to help them bond. So, no nervousness going down the leash there. I'm just looking forward to it.