Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Laddie's cancer spread...

Discussion in 'Diseases & Illnesses' started by ghggp, Sep 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ghggp

ghggp Premium Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    FullSizeRender.jpg Laddie was diagnosed with an osteosarcoma in his rear leg last year. I had a new X-ray taken today. It is worse.

Poor Laddie had a horrible seizure today. Rushed him to the vet. They took a chest X-ray and found the cancer spread to his lungs. His liver is also showing abnormal reading. The Dr fears that it might also be in his brain.

I am numb... he just looks so bad today. We gave him subQ fluids as he was very dehydrated. He also got a steroid shot. Seems a bit more stable now. He is only 12. I feel terrible for him. Keeping him at home and comfortable for now.

Heartbreaking sad...
    IMG_8472.JPG IMG_8473.JPG

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    Piper's mom likes this.
  2. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Premium Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    I am so sorry Gloria...I can't imagine how difficult this must be for you and for Laddie:(. I will keep you and Laddie in my thoughts and prayers.

3. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    So sorry to hear this, Gloria. Sending you hugs.

ghggp likes this.
  4. Phoebe'smom

Phoebe'smom Premium Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Southern California
    I lost my last sheltie at thirteen to angiosarcoma. You have my heartfelt sympathy. No matter what you do or don't do this is a really hard time.

ghggp likes this.
  5. ghggp

ghggp Premium Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Thank you, it just is so heartbreaking to see him this way. He was my frisbee champion catching boy. He loved nothing more than to jump in the air! His current condition is so far removed from that. At least the vet said he could take short walks to give him a quality of life. Hanging on by a thread...

6. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    sorry to hear that the cancer has spread so far:((

ghggp likes this.
  7. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Ohio
    Gloria I'm so sorry to read this. Know that I'm thinking of you and Laddie.

ghggp likes this.
  8. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Gloria - so very sorry to read about your little Laddie - It hurts so much when our beloved dogs are so bad. Big :hugs:hugsto your both.

ghggp likes this.
  9. ghggp

ghggp Premium Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Thanks everyone for your concern about Laddie. I am pleased to say he is feeling so much better today. He can walk normally although last night he was stumbling quite a bit. He looks brighter. His steroid shot and subQ fluids really helped. I am so glad I rushed him in immediately and my vet fit me in between his regular appointments.

Thanks again everyone for your support for Laddie and myself.

Hanne and Ann like this.
  10. Margi

Margi Forums Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Glad he's feeling better! Such a hard time...spoil him rotten.

ghggp likes this.