Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Laddie's cancer spread...

Discussion in 'Diseases & Illnesses' started by ghggp, Sep 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. PamG

PamG Forums Enthusiast

Jun 28, 2011
    Louisiana
    We did the fluids twice, when Skye spiked a high fever. The vet discovered the tumor when we carried her in because she was too lethargic the day after she went all out because her boy had come home for school for a long weekend. Even at 14 she could do zoomies with the proper motivation. We thought she had hurt herself. From then on, she was on steroids and an antibiotic(baytril?). To look at her, you wouldn't have known she was so sick. The care we gave her kept her comfortable
    and eating, and happy.

Take care,
    PamG and Snow and Sunny

ghggp likes this.
  2. Silaria

Silaria Forums Sage

Sep 19, 2008
    Aspinwall, PA
    Gloria, I'm so sorry to read Laddie's cancer has spread. Enjoy the time you have left with him.

ghggp likes this.
  3. sable

sable Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2008
    I am so sorry to hear about his cancer. Glad to hear he is doing better. Its so difficult to watch them having
    a difficult time. Prayers and hugs for both of you. Thanks for updating.

ghggp likes this.
  4. Pam

Pam Forums Enthusiast

Mar 4, 2017
    I am so sorry for you. It is such a hard, hard time for you both.

My heart dog, Shadow, died in 2015 of a histiocytic sarcoma (originally dxd as osteosarcoma) that started in his hind leg, spread to his lungs and liver. It was a terrible thing to watch. He was not even quite 11. Laddie is lucky to have you, and you are lucky he was able to hold on more comfortably for so long. We had the reverse were told he would probably hold on until around Valentine's Day, he was gone before Thanksgiving. I hope Laddie stays comfortable and giving you love for as long as you both enjoy it. Sending warm thoughts.

ghggp likes this.
  5. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Things are going from bad to worse! Yesterday I was in a car accident and greatful there were no injuries but it was my fault! Now without a car.
    Laddie did not eat his lunch yesterday nor his breakfast this morning. He would not even take his meds in bread like he normally does! Even tried a pill pocket! No go. I had to force his pain meds down. I hate doing that! Was good about it.

I am just not sure how long it will be now. He is so thin and dragging him to the vet constantly does not seem fair to him nor practical knowing his time is so short with cancer Dx.

He is looking lethargic and seems uncomfortable now.

So hard...

6. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    So very sorry to hear about your heart dog Shadow passed from cancer. Thanks for your concern.

7. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Gloria, I'm so sorry to hear about Laddie's decline. We went through this with Pixie, watching her go downhill and knowing there wasn't much time left and it's so difficult. I'm very sorry about your accident too! Take care of yourself! Sending you hugs.

ghggp likes this.
  8. Cleo2014

Cleo2014 Forums Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2015
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    Oh my gosh!!! I haven't been on here in a long while. I had no idea this had happened! I am so sorry you are going through this... It is very heart breaking. :( Thoughts and prayers go out to you and Laddie.

ghggp likes this.
  9. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Gloria, incredibly sorry to hear that a car accident has added to your distrss!! It is so freaking hard to watch the decline and feel helpless but I know you will take a deep breath and make the right decision for your boy.. He'll let you know when it is time. Many hugs to you.

ghggp likes this.
  10. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    When it rains, it pours :(
    I fear the day Gavin doesn't want to eat...Prayers to get you through this.
    No matter what, remember Laddie loves you

ghggp likes this.