Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Looking for toys to interest my sheltie

Discussion in 'Toys' started by Sophiel, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Sophiel

Sophiel Forums Novice

Aug 15, 2017
    Hi guys,
    I just got a 3 year old sheltie named Dug and I'm looking for toys that'll keep him busy. He doesn't show interest in any of the toys I bring him or in bones or almost any treats, he just wants to hang out with us, but I want stuff to keep him busy when I'm at work or just to keep him stimulated while inside. Any suggestions of toys that'll get him into playing with them? The only thing I've found so far is he likes the kong that I stuffed with peanut butter cheese and kibble, but even that he was only mildly invested in. Any other ideas?
    Thank you!!! I want him to have fun :)

2. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    I'm probably not too much help :no:

Do you know what his background is and what he has experienced in his first 3 years ??

It may take time for him to feel safety with you and maybe therefore do not want to play.

Maybe he never tries to play with toys :confused2:

Dug has just come to you, and may be afraid you're leaving him too, but it's quite normal that Shelties always follow their people so enjoy it. :yes: