Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Lure coursing equipment recommendations

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Cassie Kreider, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Cassie Kreider

Cassie Kreider Forums Novice

Jul 8, 2016
    Hello All:

We are desiring to do some Lure Coursing and have found looking at the equipment is confusing as to what is best for non-competitive use. I do not want spend a ton of money but want to get some good equipment for lure coursing for fun! Any insight or recommended vendors would be helpful, as well as your experiences for us Beginners! :)

Thanks,
    Cassie

2. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    I'm not sure that we're the best group to be asking about lure coursing. I know that there are shelties that have done it but the only group in the local area that has put on lure coursing demonstrations is an all breed club. I have no idea where they got their equipment and if there is any real difference between practice and competition equipment
    Not sure where you are located but check out your local dog clubs and see if there are any groups in your area that practice lure coursing.

3. Jess041

Jess041 Forums Enthusiast

Feb 2, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    You might want to check with people with sighthounds.