Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Mango's getting Fixed

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by JacqueZ, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Cleo2014

Cleo2014 Forums Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2015
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    Wow I hope it is just allergies and nothing more serious. Good luck.

2. JacqueZ

JacqueZ Forums Enthusiast

Oct 4, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
    Vet said her temperature, weight, lungs and ears all looked/sounded fine, but thought with the recent stay in a kennel it was better to be cautious and gave her a 10 day dose of something that starts with D. Told me to keep an eye on honey, but since she's not doing the severe 2 minute reverse sneezing fits to just keep an eye on her. Better safe than sorry. :)

3. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Oh no, she's not reverse sneezing with the stitches still in. I know when I had a hysto sneezing was torture.

4. JacqueZ

JacqueZ Forums Enthusiast

Oct 4, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
    The stitches are still there, although they seem to have mostly healed up, they're supposed to be fully dissolved in about four days. I didn't even consider how much that must hurt! Poor baby :(

She's coughing now too, so I'm glad I was proactive. On the plus side (from her point of view) when I weighed her when scheduling her surgery I had 37 lbs, at surgery they weighed her in 134, and at the vets yesterday she was 132...some of which can be just different scales, but overall it means I'm giving her an extra serving of food each day in hopes of getting her weight up a bit. She is tiny for a border mix, but not that tiny. (I swear though, I feed Honey 1/2 cup of food a day, and I feed Mango 2 full cups a day already, and I'm not stingy with snacks...Mango's only about 2 or 3 inches taller than Honey...it's crazy how much she can eat)