Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Merlin Agility June 2013

Discussion in 'Agility' started by labgirl, Jun 24, 2013.

1. labgirl

labgirl Premium Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Suffolk, UK
    If you have 10 seconds to spare maybe you would like to see Merlin whizz around the course:winkgrin:

I'm so pleased with him, he now zips over the dog walk and seesaw and his weaves are coming on well, though I still have to concentrate on his entry and exit. And look I am standing upright! Lol!

I would like a little more speed, but I wouldn't exchange it for the accuracy we are getting

http://youtu.be/6V33eEoJeSE

2. Tabitha

Tabitha Forums Enthusiast

Apr 5, 2013
    Lubbock, Texas
    Go Merlin! He looked great! He obviously LOVES agility and I can't wait to see more videos as he progresses!:biggrin2:

PS The weeves looked really good.:yes:

3. take4roll10

take4roll10 Moderator

Aug 31, 2009
    New York
    Both of you look really good!

4. SheltieChe

SheltieChe Forums Sage

Jan 6, 2010
    Chicago
    Lots of improvement! WTG Merlin!

5. seashel

seashel Forums Enthusiast

Jul 29, 2010
    Kent, UK
    Looking good!! I can see the difference, he is a lot more confident. I actually think he looks faster than the last video too. :yes:

I remember you saying about the standing upright in your earlier posts, before I was doing agility and lo and behold, now it's something I have to remember to do :lol: but you seem to have cracked it!

Well done you and Merlin!

6. Hurtseverywhere

Hurtseverywhere Forums Enthusiast

Sep 22, 2010
    London Ont
    Looking Good guys, MY he is getting to be a big boy isn't he, or is he like Cosmo 20% dog 80 % fur :wink2:.

7. labgirl

labgirl Premium Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Suffolk, UK
    Thanks all!

Tabitha, he has improved on the weaves a lot, he nearly always hits the correct entry, but he still likes to pop the last one on occasion!

Julia, I had to be really strict with myself at first to stop from bending down:lol: As Merlin has grown in confidence it has helped as well. You are right, he is faster on certain bits and when I am running with him I feel like I am going like the clappers!

He is a LOT of fluff! On displays the dogs wear little coats to denote team collars, I had to find the smallest one for Merlin and when I put it on it was so funny, because the coat fitted his chest and made him look like he had a cotton wool ball for a bum:lol: He is big for a 'British-type' sheltie, however:wink2:

8. Justicemom

Justicemom Premium Member

Oct 2, 2009
    Minnesota
    bravo he is really improving.:smile2:

9. 3Stars

3Stars Forums Enthusiast

Jan 19, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Fantastic job! I can see a huge improvement too! Well done :hugs

10. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator