Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Missing my Angel

Discussion in 'Sheltie Angels' started by Sheltiemama2, Sep 25, 2017.

How old have ypur Shelties lived on average?

1. 6-8

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 8-10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 10-12

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 12-14

100.0%
  5. 15+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sheltiemama2

Sheltiemama2 Forums Novice

Sep 25, 2017
    On Sunday, my sweet Sissy passed away at home. She had just celebrated her 15th birthday on 9/15 and we had returned from a vacation to the Western NC with her younger brother Littleman. I had taken her to the vet, they said her kidney function was a bit off and her potasium was high. I was told we had caught it early. My baby was given two more supplements to take. And other tests were done. I was told her heart and lungs sounded good.

She had lost 15% of her body weight. I had the most awful feeling. She wouldnt eat and she had stopped easily taking her pills about 10 days prior.

I was feeding her anything she would eat chicken, ham, wet dog food, etc. But she still ate very little. She enjoyed the trip to the mountains.

She was restless last night and early in the morning on Sunday. At about noon, she laid down in the kitchen on the cool linoleum where she enjoyed napping.

About an hour later she was gone. I'm devastated lising my girl. She is so sweet, loving, gentle, and beautiful. I know she is in Heaven now, I will see ypu again baby girl. Mommy loves you! Forever

2. Bailey's Mom

Bailey's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    Massachusetts
    I'm so sorry for your loss. No matter what the age it is hard to see them fail and go.

I wish you peace.

3. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Huntsville,Al
    Sorry to hear of your loss

4. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Premium Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    I'm so sorry to hear of your loss...I often wonder why we get a dog when it's so hard losing them. Then I remember that there is no better friend that is always there for you, that listens to you and yet never judges and loves you unconditionally. RIP Sissy

Shelby's mom likes this.
  5. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    So very sorry for your loss.

6. ghggp

ghggp Premium Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    I am so very sorry to read of the loss of dear Sissy. I feel your pain. My heart goes out to you. You are so lucky to have reached the 15-year mark with her. I have had many shelties over the years and only seem to reach 14. That speaks volumes to your care of her over the years.

I find it comforting to know she passed in the home where she was most dearly loved. I know all too well the struggles you went through trying to find something, anything, that she might enjoy eating. My boy Mr Chance passed last year, my heart dog, went through that same struggle near the end. Just trying to get pills down became so difficult.

I know it will take time for your grief to pass, but as you say, she is in heaven now at Rainbow Bridge waiting for you. Sending prayers of comfort to you.

Ian & Danielle likes this.