Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

My name is Angus

Discussion in 'Fuzzy Photo Updates' started by SheepOfBlue, Aug 13, 2017.

1. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Huntsville,Al
    Fairly quiet but he has been exposed to the Spitfire so I doubt that will last. Last night I went up to the side of the house to see if he was being kept on the porch or anything. Nope and I got barked at also LOL But what he lacks in noise he makes up for in bounce. He has the Sca bounce step times 10. Destin and Jocu might like him as he is still puppy wild, Dixie would likely want him dead LOL

2. SheepOfBlue

Oct 15, 2009
    Huntsville,Al
    He is still settling in as it has only been since late Saturday. So pretty happy and unafraid for so new. Still trying to figure out Spitfire's deal but then all of us are :alien:

3. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    Dixie played with Destin pretty quick so she might not object too much. depending on how pushy he is, Destin is the one who might have issues- he's shown his lip/teeth to my friend's slightly obnoxious puppy...
    Jocu loves everybody so would definitely play with him. Cran can go either way............. but more likely to land on the play side.........

4. SheepOfBlue

Oct 15, 2009
    Huntsville,Al
    So he has been here a week and a couple of days. So far he has learned Spitfire is insane. His name. Starting to learn sit.

He also went to a flyball tournament to visit. So a ride in the motorhome to get there. Then some leash walking, still have to improve there but it was time 3 since it rained so much we could not practice in the yard last week (and dry moment was spent quickly mowing lawn) Oh and he saw the lawn mower, not a fan LOL. At the tournament he walked some then I carried him in. In the lobby I met a teammate of Sca's and of course we had to say hi. He was a bit timid but quickly figured out everyone wanted to pet him and had food. Well, then we made it in and he saw all the dogs and was wanting to be buddies. Next up he watched our team and was quite interested in the running. Finally time to head home and he begged all the way out the door from anyone within reach LOL.

Settling in pretty good. Him and Spitfire are big buds now but he knows when Spitfire goes on a zoom get out of the way as he will run you over.

Cleo2014, RikyR, mimiretz and 2 others like this.
  5. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    glad to hear that Angus is doing good and that Spitfire is playing with him:yes:
    sounds like he will love flyball.......

SheepOfBlue likes this.
  6. mimiretz

mimiretz Premium Member

Oct 14, 2014
    denver
    I like the order he learned things - that he learned Spitfire is insane before learning his name. Definitely shows he has his priorities in the right place!

7. SheepOfBlue

Oct 15, 2009
    Huntsville,Al
    The number of times Sca gave Spitfire a 'what was up with THAT dude!' look was high. Angus is still a bit intimidated by him as Spitfire is pretty full bore. Sca was half again bigger so always had the edge.

8. SheepOfBlue

Oct 15, 2009
    Huntsville,Al
    Wow he was a brat tonight. I think he was tired from when I mowed. He thinks it is a grass monster. Sca used to lay in the high grass when I mowed. Angus walks the mown part like a path so round and round. He was being mellow but basically going from one trouble to the next. Let's lay on the couch and chill....ooo a tasty arm rest. Then he wandered around getting in to stuff for a while. Grabbed a tennis ball....good I think for 10 seconds then he is chewing on carpet. Finally passed out and has not moved since LOL

Cara Sandler likes this.
  9. mimiretz

mimiretz Premium Member

Oct 14, 2014
    denver
    Oberon is pretty convinced that all men-and-machine combinations (lawn mowers, leaf blowers, snow removers, etc) exist for the sole purpose of eating Shelties. Even my husband (who he loves dearly) becomes suspicious when vacuuming. Small, battery operated machines are eyed warily, just in case they grow. So tell Agnus that Oberon approves of his caution around the lawn mower.

10. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Angus sounds about right for a boy puppy!!! :ROFLMAO: It's so easy to forget how much work they are. Faith was 2 when we got her and we couldn't BELIEVE the amount of energy and mischief she got into, about wore us out. Although, she is still very much the energizer bunny and a bit of a wild child. We may have one more puppy left in us but it wouldn't be till after we retire - so we'll see.

And yes, the lawnmower (ours is just a regular electric push mower) is EVIL. Faith attacks it like crazy so she has to be in the house when we mow. She hates the coffee grinder, too.