Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

My search has ended!

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by Jams, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Jams

Jams Premium Member

Sep 8, 2017
    Hi, I am a great fan of all the forums! I've been lucky enough to have owned 2 shelties in my life. Lady first and then Lily who traveled to the rainbow bridge in April. Ladybug, my rescued maltese, and I were left lonely! I soon realized after having a sheltie in my life for over 25 years I really missed seeing that sheltie face every day! AND, I thought I wanted to have a baby puppy one more time! Finding a breeder in my area with available sable shelties wasn't an easy task. I searched on line constantly, came across a couple puppy scams but no puppy! The dogs in our shelters always tear at my heart! So at an adoption special event I adopted a sweet, 50 lb mixed breed girl, Shannon. While working with and getting to know Shannon I continued my puppy search. I wanted a breeder I could visit so I could see how and where the pups were being raised. I hoped to meet the parents or at least the mom. FINALLY, a breeder answered my email and referred me to another breeder, new to this area, who had a 2 wk old litter of 5 sable shelties!! She only lived 1 1/2 hrs away! I was ecstatic! From then on I became involved in this litter of pups and other than Irma interferring, visited them about once a wk. I've never seen a litter grow and change before!! Such a great experience! I got to choose my pup, a boy, at 8 wks, and can bring him home at about 9wks. I'm naming him Toby. He's the runt and only weighs about 3 lbs! He has the sweetest face ever!

SheepOfBlue likes this.
  2. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Premium Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Congratulations!!! It is such a wonderful experience watching them grow and change...I watched my boy Piper grow from about 3 weeks on...such changes! Happiest day of my life when I brought him home and I'm sure it will be for you, I can't wait to see a picture of him:shameful:

3. Jams

Jams Premium Member

Sep 8, 2017
    I can't figure out how to post pucs
    Thank you, Piper's mom! I've read so many of your posts that I feel like we're already friends. I've uploaded pics but can't figure out how to post them. IMG_28651.jpg

Piper's mom likes this.
  4. Jams

Jams Premium Member

Sep 8, 2017

5. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    Congratulations! Toby is darling. There is nothing like a Sheltie puppy. I'm so happy that you were able to add one to your family! Enjoy him!

Jams likes this.
  6. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    Congrats:yes:
    Toby is adorable:smile2:

7. ghggp

ghggp Premium Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    A cutie indeed!

Waiting must be excruciating!!!!

8. Jams

Jams Premium Member

Sep 8, 2017
    Waiting is hard, but at 8 wks the breeder let me bring him home for an overnight, to see how things went with Shannon. Everything went well! Toby seemed happy enough at everything that happened. He only fussed when, in his opinion, I wasn't getting his food ready fast enough! So that makes it easier to picture him being here. I'm also getting puppy things and taking naps! Afterall, next week I'm bringing a baby home! Lol (hope I improve on posting pics!) Also, what are healthy chews to give Toby? I haven't had a puppy in over 15 yrs! Thanks for your help.

Cara Sandler likes this.
  9. mimiretz

mimiretz Premium Member

Oct 14, 2014
    denver
    He's adorable! Best wishes to your family.

10. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Congratulations on little wonderful Toby - so cute
    Hurry up and get some sleep - it requires his person every time we start with a little new puppy. :lol: