Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Nails, nails, nails

Discussion in 'Grooming' started by k9kreationz, Sep 29, 2017.

1. k9kreationz

k9kreationz Premium Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Portland, OR

LMAO!!! Seriously, trying not to laugh at work. My pups make so much noise in the morning, I'm always like, time for a nail cut. Ugh. But it's everyday!! LOL. I'm not winning.

2. k9kreationz

k9kreationz Premium Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Portland, OR
    Now I have to figure out how to cut nails w/o hurting my back. I'm getting old and I typically turn them over and put them between my legs. But bending over like that has been doing major damage to my back and then to repeat it a few days later....let's just say I'm not getting better. I need a grooming table. May have to ask Santa for it.

3. Ian & Danielle

Ian & Danielle Premium Member

Nov 10, 2017
    Sun Peaks, BC, Canada
    We have a good long driveway in our townhome complex as well as some great grassed areas,..... Drake gets several daily "romps" to chase either his ball or his Frisbee and the first chase of each session is always along either the driveway or a paved walking trail on the other side of the house. We have not had to clip his nails in the 3+ years we've had him. His nails get a touch longer in winter, but he needs that extra length for grip in the snow.

As for pad fur,..... He does end up with what I call "hobbit feet" and he gets a trim at that stage,..... Once a month or so for that.

Other fur,.... He drops coat twice a year & I swear I can comb a small Pomeranian out of him every few days when he's shedding,.... We call them "magical fibers of love & joy" that seem to fill the vacuum cleaner regularly,.... We love him anyway & wouldn't swap him for the world.