Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Need recommendation for soft sided collapsible crate for agility trials

Discussion in 'Crates & Beds' started by eyost, Oct 23, 2016.

1. eyost

eyost Forums Regular

Feb 9, 2013
    NC
    Hi all,

I am in need of some recommendations for a soft sided collapsible crate with good ventilation that I would be using for agility trials. Any recommendations out there for a light weight one for an eleven pound Sheltie?

Thanks,

Ed

2. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    I always recommend the Noz 2 Noz soft crates. They are sturdy, well made, and reliable! Not too heavy, either. Tons of people around my area use them.

If you have multiple dogs, I really love our Sturdi Car-Go shelter (we have the triple).

3. Cara Sandler

Cara Sandler Forums Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    The EliteField soft side crate. It's very light, sets up in about 10 seconds, and has good ventilation. I have the 18" x 24" for my eleven pound sheltie, and it's perfect.

4. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    I have this one for my 14 lb sheltie- he's 13.75" at the shoulder. I ordered it at Petsmart but doesn't seem like they carry it anymore

5. Jess041

Jess041 Forums Enthusiast

Feb 2, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    I recently got a tent from mightymite dog gear for my dog. It folds into a very small bag that's included and is very lightweight. I got the small size and my dog has plenty of room. My only complaint is while there is mesh on the sides, there is none on the front. You can't really see what your dog is up to unless you unzip it or look through the sides. Also, it's not what I would consider common crate dimensions. It was hard for me to find a crate pad that fit in there nicely. I've used it twice for tournaments, one being quite the road trip. It saved us a ton of space! Plus my dog likes it, that always helps.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o426f6uybuq4fmv/File Oct 23, 5 39 03 PM.jpeg?dl=0

6. eyost

eyost Forums Regular

Feb 9, 2013
    NC
    Thanks so much for the suggestion.

7. eyost

eyost Forums Regular

Feb 9, 2013
    NC
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

8. Daisy1015

Daisy1015 Forums Enthusiast

May 2, 2014
    I love pet geAr ones. Sturdy and mesh is thick.