Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

New here from Pittsburgh!

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Rebecca, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Rebecca

Rebecca Forums Novice

Feb 16, 2017
    Hi all!! I'm new here to the forum, and I'm excited to keep in touch with all of my fellow sheltie lovers. I wanted to share a picture of our beautiful little boy Jeffy who is 13 weeks now, but as I'm not very technically savvy can't figure out how to attach it! I'm still going through all the new mom stuff, worrying about every little thing, so hopefully I will find some peace and reading what everyone else is going through. Looking forward to reading more about your fur babies

SheepOfBlue likes this.
  2. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    welcome:smile2:
    we love pix:yes:

to attach a pic in the thread, you need to be a premium member or you can post a link to a photosharing site...
    gratuitous pic of my pack

Chris likes this.
  3. Cleo2014

Cleo2014 Premium Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you have decided to join us.

4. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Welcome to you Rebecca and your little boy Jeffy - from Denmark
    I can easily remember how it was when I got Minnie :gaah just after I had lost my beloved German shepherd

- I was terrified of what could going to happen to this little wonderful soul

- now she 2½ years and I have been a tiny bit better. :biggrin2:

5. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    So happy to welcome you aboard!

6. Silaria

Silaria Premium Member

Sep 19, 2008
    Aspinwall, PA
    Welcome Rebecca from another Pittsburgh Sheltie owner and lover!

You need to be a Premium member to post pictures. You CAN share pictures by uploading them to a photo site and sharing the link.

7. Rebecca

Rebecca Forums Novice

Feb 16, 2017
    Thank you all for your welcoming responses! Being a new sheltie mom has been a bit stressful. He's been bobbing his head every once and a while, it has no impact on how he acts, plays hard, eats drinks, loves walks, but this is concerning us a bit. He is 13 weeks now and our breeder told us that some puppies will do this as their nerves grow. Has anyone ever heard of this? Thank you all so very much!

8. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    No, I have never heard of this
    - but here are so many Sheltie parents who have great knowledge also some that are breeder.

Have you spoken to the vet ??

Do not know if you should start a new thread, I think this behavior needs attention !!!

9. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    Welcome. Aren't they a ball of energy at that age, and such a wonderful distraction.

I've never heard of the head bobbing thing - probably something to ask the vet next time you're there.