Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

New member with sheltie mix

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Dodgers mum, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Dodgers mum

Dodgers mum Forums Regular

Feb 20, 2017
    Hi, is this the place I should be with a sheltie mix or is it just for pure breed shelties ? My boy dodger is half pedigree sheltie half Staffordshire bull terrier ...... A very strange mix I no but I love him dearly I got him from a friend who had an accident litter she had 3 boys dodgers brothers come and visit sometimes :) dodger is very vocal, loves people but is a bit reserved with strange dogs but once he gets to know them he plays lovely he is now 8 years old and I've had him since a pup :)

2. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Welcome Dodgers mum. Dodger is certainly welcome here we have all sorts of Shelties and Sheltie mixes here - even a few ring ins that would like to be a sheltie

I would love to see what a Sheltie x Staffie looks like, that is a really strange mix. Does he have the fur of a sheltie or the body of a Staffie? If you'd like to show us you can become a Premium member to embed a photo in your posts, or include a link to a photosharing site.

Btw - fixed up your other posts, new member posts are moderated to prevent the many spammers getting through, that's why there was a delay in seeing your thread.

3. Dodgers mum

Feb 20, 2017
    Aww brilliant! I'll try to share a pic

4. Dodgers mum

Feb 20, 2017
  5. Hanne

Hanne Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Welcome to you and Dodger - your link is working and I see a really cute dog :yes:

6. Dodgers mum

Feb 20, 2017
    How much sheltie would u say is in him, to me if he had the long coat he would look just like one but I don't have a trained eye ;)

7. PatC

PatC Forums Enthusiast

Jul 27, 2012
    P
    He is lovely! I don't know how to evaluate how much Sheltie he is, but to my eye, his expression and face are very very Sheltie like, with maybe a bit more thickness than the typical Sheltie. More hair would definitely up the overall resemblance. But he is very beautiful the way he is.

8. Dodgers mum

Feb 20, 2017
    I've been looking at smooth collies and he looks similar just smaller lol like a smooth sheltie haha!

Cara Sandler likes this.
  9. Hanne

Hanne Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    I'm definitely not good at this:no:

I would say not much perhaps his nose :yes:

But definitely much more beautiful than a Staffie :winkgrin:

- but for me it means everything that you love him and he is extra lovely in my eyes with your sentence "A very strange mix I no but I love him dearly" :hugs

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  10. Dodgers mum

Feb 20, 2017
    I love him so much sometimes it hurts , I find my self just staring at him often lol 8 years and going strong <3 he is just like a child to me , my fur baby :)