Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

New Oral Flea med

Discussion in 'Drugs & Medications' started by Sheltiemama, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Cara Sandler

Cara Sandler Forums Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    Awwww, I'm sorry to hear that :-( I understand. But simparica really does have an excellent safety profile.

2. 2GoodDogs

2GoodDogs Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    Flyer has a strange reaction to the topical flea treatment we got from Banfield. He runs away and hides after it is applied and acts like it is burning/hurting him. He is very wary of me for hours after. I discontinued using it because of this. I could not find evidence of his skin being inflamed, or anything. He has started itching so I'll be giving him a few capstars.

The Bug Off Garlic granules I've been giving the dogs smell so strong that i doubt they are getting much, if any, protection from that. Anyone else using that product, a food additive?

3. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    For many, many years ago when I had two German Shepherds I got my first and last flea infestation, I used Capstar and it was very effective, I could almost see the fleas fall off :lol: :fl