Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Discussion in 'Help Forum' started by Kelly, Jan 25, 2010.

Old setting/new setting?

Poll closed Feb 8, 2010.
  1. I liked the old setting. Please change it back.

20 vote(s)
    47.6%
  2. I like the current setting. Please keep it.

22 vote(s)
    52.4%
  1. Silaria

Silaria Forums Sage

Sep 19, 2008
    Aspinwall, PA
    In that regard it is no different that the original way.

If you are using the "New Posts" link at the top, the posts still list Newest to Oldest.

2. Ania

Ania Forums Enthusiast

Oct 28, 2008
    Canada
    Well, I voted for the old way, but since then I've changed my mind. I've found that I have not missed any posts since the new way has come up, and it has forced me to really look at how the forum works. So, sorry guys, but I do like the new way better too.

3. Lightplum

Lightplum Forums Sage

Jan 4, 2009
    Rhode Island
    See I bet alot of us who like it the old way dont do the "new Posts" bit we just view the forums in their original form and click on what ever topic interests us...There are some forums I have no interest in and dont want to read them (or Id have to comment and than be banned from the forums and we dont want that:biggrin2:)...THe view "new Posts" lumps everything together from all the categories...Im just too orderly and perhaps a bit OCD that its not in its rightful place..

4. take4roll10

take4roll10 Moderator

Aug 31, 2009
    I think you're right. I voted for the "new way", but I only view the forums via the "new post" tab. The only time I search for a thread is when I want to revive an old one or create a new one.

5. Ania

Ania Forums Enthusiast

Oct 28, 2008
    Canada
    Me too. Even with the old way, that is what I did. The only thing that was convenient with the old way, was that once I've read a thread, it stayed on the screen but it was not bolded - that way I could go back and re-read it. Mind you, I would read posts SUPER fast just so that I can read ALL of them before they dissappeared on me (as I always used the 'new posts' tab) NOW, I can take my time and not worry about reading super fast, because my unread posts do NOT dissappear after a time.

6. take4roll10

take4roll10 Moderator

Aug 31, 2009
    Oh boy. it's neck and neck. Only one week to go. Come on guys! I know there's more than 39 members!

7. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

Yep, it's really neck and neck...even for me, personally! I'm torn between the old and the new. They both had their advantages. And you summed it up well.

The only thing is, since the new, its seems I have more posts to read when I first sign on? Not sure why, but it does take me longer to do my first pass through.

8. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    I have to say, I told my husband about this and he volunteered to sign up and vote No! Of course I said no since that wouldn't be honest, but I thought that was very sweet of him :)

9. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ
    I am thinking it isn't so neck in neck...especially since some of the people who voted for the old method originally, are now thinking that they like the new method.

10. Ania

Ania Forums Enthusiast

Oct 28, 2008
    Canada
    I was thinking about that, but do you think it could be due to the drastically increased activity that we've had over the last few weeks? We have so many new and active members now, that the threads and posts are increasing. I mean, look at SheltieGuy who joined in December and has over 360 posts already!!! (BTW - way to go SheltieGuy - you might give Barb a run for her money :wink2:)