Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

New Receipe For Training Called Tuna Fudge

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by Sharon, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Sharon

Sharon Forums Sage

Feb 27, 2008
    Southeastern Ct
    You need for ingredients----2-6oz. cans tuna(do not drain) or 1 can 14 oz salmon(do not drain) 1 1/2 can wheat flour 1-Tbsp garlic powder or granulated garlic --2 eggs,lightly beaten--Grated Parmesan cheese, about 1 handfull.-----------------------Mix all ingredients together in a mixer or food processor. I use a food processor and toss in a few small chunks of parmesan cheese first to grate those. Then I add the rest of the ingredients all at once and pulse until thoroughly mixed(takes maybe 3 minutes start to finish).Grease a 9x9 pan (I use canola oil spray) and pour in mixture. Bake in 350 degree oven for twenty minutes.---The texture is sort of fudge/putty like.The treats will keep in the fridge for 3 days and will freeze beautifully. After I cut the tuna fudge into very small squares. I toss squares into a freezer bag and store in the freezer.On agility training days I take out what I need. The treats are only partly thawed by class and the boys love them regardless.

2. clancyh8sabby

clancyh8sabby Forums Enthusiast

Jul 6, 2009
    Germany
    Wow..bet all the other dogs are jealous at class!!
    I think Clancy would do just about anything to get a hold of that tuna fudge!!

Julie

3. mbfrench

mbfrench Forums Celebrity

Aug 2, 2009
    South Carolina
    I have made fishy fudge here for the puppers for some time now.I use salmon.My recipe does'nt call for grated cheese tho.
    I got my recipe of from sheltie hair blog site. I did try insread of putting it in a small 9x9,I ran mine thru a pastry tube,and did little bites of them.They love it here,and the treat does really well in the freezer,just pull a few and put in your pouch,ready to go.

4. SheltieGuy

SheltieGuy Forums Enthusiast

Dec 27, 2009
    Schuylkill County, PA
    sounds like I can even make them ..''':yes:

since my puppy leaves me lil brown fudge on the carpet all the time.. i may as well make him some .

5. RetiredProf

RetiredProf Forums Enthusiast

May 19, 2009
    Wilmington, DE
    Is that tuna packed in oil or water?

6. Sharon

Sharon Forums Sage

Feb 27, 2008
    Southeastern Ct
    Recipie

I used the water

7. Phebe*DD

Phebe*DD Forums Enthusiast

May 18, 2009
    New Mexico
    I'm going to have to make some before our agility class on Tuesday, in celebration of moving up to pre-novice. :razz:

8. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ
    I bet your hands smell DELICIOUS :lol:

Seriously though....great recipe. I will try it out.

9. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Glad you posted this--Bentley loves it but I've never made it before! They do love it and it's great for training because you can use tiny bits, and it has a strong smell.

10. mbfrench

mbfrench Forums Celebrity

Aug 2, 2009
    South Carolina
    Fair warning...:(

If you use Salmon..your house will smell.And seriously like you will not like the smell,but the puppers will love them.

The oder does'nt hang around forever,you could always light a candle or something,but there is a strong oder.

Although once cooked & cooled,they don't really smell bad.I always have them in my pouch when we go with Trapp.And he likes the little size I do.