Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Northstar Herding Group Speciality

Discussion in 'Show Brags!' started by Justicemom, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Justicemom

Justicemom Forums Celebrity

Oct 2, 2009
    Minnesota
    I showed Celtic this Fri at the Northstar Herding group specialty and I am proud to annouce that he went winners dog for 2 points under Jan Paulk. We held our breathe for the cross over major but the judge really really like the winners bitch and put her up for best in breed over 5 specials. Celtic showed flawless during best in breed comp but it wasn't to be. Judge said many nice things about him during pictures. He is now up 3 points total.

I am especially proud because I groomed him entirely myself for this show for the first time and those that know it can be daunting to a newcomer. That included preshow prep, trimming and show prep. There were even a couple handlers present to give us competition.

We showed today and it was our first time showing outside and treats in the grass caused the sniffs and mom running confused him and he thought we were doing agility so a bit of galloping occured. Oops. Add that to things to work on. His co owners will show him tomorrow because I need to work. Boo.:(

Below is Celtic and his ribbon(the show dog one id coming)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  2. Silaria

Silaria Forums Sage

Sep 19, 2008
    Aspinwall, PA
    Way to go, Dr. Shelli! Celtic is a very handsome boy. Great job on the grooming, he looks fantastic.

3. tofu pup

tofu pup Moderator

Aug 28, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    "Great job" to a great team! He looks very handsome - I think purple looks good on him. :wink2: Here's to many more!

4. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Congratulations!! Great job! The grooming is quite an accomplishment too! :biggrin2:

5. Lanie

Lanie Forums Enthusiast

Nov 9, 2013
    California
    Congratulations, Dr. Shelli. He looks stunning. Such a handsome guy.

6. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    Congrats- great job:yes:

7. Justicemom

Justicemom Forums Celebrity

Oct 2, 2009
    Minnesota
    A couple of my candid pictures of Celtic on Friday right before the show. My young man has grown up.:lol:

Attached Files:

8. Georgie'sMom

Georgie'sMom Forums Regular

Apr 13, 2011
    Ohio
    He looks so noble--intelligent and strong! My George looks like him, minus the intelligent look, lol!

9. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Isn't he regal looking? Congrats on the beginning of a great career for Celtic!!

10. tesslynn

tesslynn Forums Enthusiast

Mar 3, 2014
    idaho
    celtic pride

Wow, does he ever look regal!!! He did grow up SPLENDIDLY, and is Gideon noticing and not picking on him anymore??? Any bagpipe salutes????