Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Now that's one smart Sheltie!

Discussion in 'Sheltie Training' started by Phil Hughes, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Phil Hughes

Phil Hughes Premium Member

Jul 15, 2017
    WE brought Kosi home from Jacksonville Rescue yesterday and while were visiting there we were told that he was house trained and already crate trained. After raising 4 puppies I would be glad not to go through that again. Anyway, last night when it was time to go to bed I carried Kosi over to his crate and put him inside. He seemed happy enough and spent the whole night in the crate with no issues. Tonight We were in the living room and again it was time for bed. I got up and said "Kosi, Bedtime". And the little fella hopped up, ran into the bedroom and straight into his crate. Now that is what I call one smart dog! Or just maybe he was already trained to go to bed.

2. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    :lol::lol:
    think that he is already settled in so well :yes:
    - he just has been waiting to come to your home :wink2:

Piper's mom likes this.
  3. ghggp

ghggp Premium Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    How sweet!

He must feel very comfortable and safe with you already! Just heartwarming! It was certainly meant to be that you found each other!

I LOVE rescue stories! Virtual hugs for adopting Kosi!

4. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Yep, he's a smart one for sure!

5. Koodo's mom

Koodo's mom Forums Novice

Aug 9, 2017
    That's awesome. They are such dogs. We have just purchased our third one as our boy Taz passed in March. We have never had more than one at a time but would love to. Maybe a rescue dog.