Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Our beautiful little Max

Discussion in 'Sheltie Angels' started by Sheltiemama, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Sheltiemama

Sheltiemama Forums Enthusiast

Feb 15, 2012
    Indiana
    We helped Max cross the Rainbow Bridge on Thursday. I havent' even been able to write about it until now.

He was tired. Tired of coughing all day every day. It was a residual from the heartworms he had when we adopted him.

He was the most precious boy. He made me laugh every day. He is sadly missed.

2. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    I am so sorry to hear about Max's passing. He was a lucky boy to be part of your family and spend time with you. I know it was hard helping him to his final peace, but heartworm is a very tough illness and you gave him a wonderful life.

Sending you warm hugs and comfort. :hugs

3. Sheltiemama

Sheltiemama Forums Enthusiast

Feb 15, 2012
    Indiana
    Thank you.

When we adopted him, he was in a kill shelter in southern Indiana. He had heartworms and he was a senior. We adopted him, did the heartworm treatment, and we had 4 1/2 wonderful years with our baby Max.

4. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet Max...how blessed he was to have been loved and cared for by you in his senior years. It is always hard adopting a senior and knowing their time is limited, but they bring so much joy in the shorter time they do have and hopefully you can find peace in knowing that Max left this world dearly loved and that he has carried that love with him into eternity.:hugs

Trini

5. susanmccain

susanmccain Forums Enthusiast

Jan 27, 2013
    London, Ohio
    I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Max was much loved and cared for the last year's of his life. He was very blessed to have had you in his life.

6. Hannah

Hannah Forums Enthusiast

Mar 19, 2014
    NSW, Australia
    I'm so very sorry. Max was truly blessed to have found such a loving home with you. Rest peacefully beautiful Max. Sending hugs :hugs

7. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    So sorry for your loss.

8. Hanne

Hanne Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    I am so sorry. Max was truly blessed to have found such a loving home with you, and you have given him 4½ lovable years, and he gave you some wonderful years - it's so hard to lose them, our heart is like it going to burst, I really feel with you. :hugs

9. Lanie

Lanie Forums Enthusiast

Nov 9, 2013
    California
    My heart goes out to you. So sorry for your loss.

10. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    I was so very sorry to read your post of the recent loss of Max.

May your fonder memories of life with Max get you through this very difficult time.

Blessings being sent your way along with virtual hugs!:hugs

Thank you so much for adopting Max and giving him a loving home!