Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Our Little Jasmine passed to Rainbow Bridge today...

Discussion in 'Senior Sheltie Health' started by ghggp, Nov 10, 2017.

1. ghggp

ghggp Premium Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    We had to let our dear Jasmine pass to Rainbow Bridge today. The vet told us there was nothing more he could do to help give her quality of life.

Her diagnoses with diabetes that we were treating her for was debilitating her body. Giving her insulin shots twice daily was difficult for her. She was on heart medication, thyroid meds, tramadol for pain and rimadyl too. Today he noticed her trachea was collapsing and her pupils were of different sizes and he suspected neurological problems. He also suspected that her kidneys were failing. She was blind and almost deaf too. It was so hard to see her decline. In the past two weeks, it got worse as she was collapsing several times a day. Yesterday it was three times. This morning she would not eat.

The vet agreed it was time to let her cross the bridge. She is with Chance and Laddie. We will miss our sweet little lady dog.

She was the sweetest little dog you would ever want to meet. Being rescued from Michigan Sheltie Rescue gave us the privilege of making her life a better one from the neglect she was subjected to the first five years of her life. She was always grateful for the attention, love, and caring we showed to her.

RIP sweet angel... 2017-03-08_8-44-58.png

2. k9kreationz

k9kreationz Premium Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Portland, OR
    What a beautiful photo of Jasmin. Her eyes remind me of my Miko's.....so soulful. I'm so sorry for your loss.. :hugs

3. Ian & Danielle

Ian & Danielle Premium Member

Nov 10, 2017
    Sun Peaks, BC, Canada
    OMG,..... Who in their right mind could possibly neglect a beautiful dog such as Jasmine,.... Breaks my heart. :(

Kudos to you for making her life a much better one until the end came.

ghggp likes this.
  4. sable

sable Premium Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Ohio
    Aww I am so sorry, Jasmin is a beautiful sheltie, love the picture of her. Jasmin could have asked for a better
    forever home. RIP Jasmin.

ghggp likes this.
  5. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Ohio
    I am so sorry for your loss. I agree with the others--what a beautiful girl she was.

ghggp likes this.
  6. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    I'm so sorry to hear about Jasmine, Gloria. You did so much to help her. Too many losses for you lately. Sending you hugs....

ghggp likes this.
  7. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    Almost too much to bear, so very sorry for your loss.

ghggp likes this.
  8. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Gloria my heart aches that you have lost Jasmine now too, but it was a mercy to send her to the Bridge with all that had deteriorated. That little girl with the big eyes reminds me so much of Ally. The sweetness absolutely shines from that photo. She is now restored to her former glory at the Bridge, and is no doubt playing with Mr. Chance and Laddie.
    Big hugs full of sympathy to you.

ghggp and Ian & Danielle like this.
  9. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Premium Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    OH my goodness Gloria...I'm so sorry for your loss, such sorrow you've had recently but you gave both Jasmin and Laddie such a good life. Sending you hugs :hugs

ghggp likes this.
  10. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Gloria, I'm so very, very sorry.