Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Our poor little Jasmine

Discussion in 'Senior Sheltie Health' started by ghggp, Jun 15, 2017.

1. ghggp

ghggp Premium Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Thanks so much Sharon for the moral support! This is new territory for us having never experienced it before!

I thought the same thing, doing sub-Q fluids under the skin will help! We get the results of urine test tomorrow so I will ask the vet about giving her sub-Q.

She seems to be feeling better today.

I feel like a hospice for senior Shelties with everything going on with Jasmine! Also, Laddie with his pancreatitis and cancer ... Logan with his bronchitis! I have so many pills and medication I feel like a pharmacist!

2. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    I can well imagine. And believe me, I've been there, although not with multiple dogs at the same time. Just remind yourself you are doing the best you can. I was grateful to have my hubby to tag team some of Ally's care as I work some evenings/weekends at the hospital. Sounds like you are on your own with this. My only advice is don't beat yourself up, and take it one day at a time. Try not to project into the future too much. Even when I thought I knew how things would end, it never happened that way, and I'm a worrier by nature. Be good to yourself, too. :hugs

ghggp and Hanne like this.
  3. ghggp

ghggp Premium Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    IMG_7586.JPG

Jasmine wanted to say thanks to everyone who was concerned about her!

I think you can tell by the look on her face how much better she feels compared to the first shot before her meds!

SKNerissa and corbinam like this.
  4. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Gloria thanks for this lovely picture of little Jasmine, now her eyes are full of courage to life :yes:

- please give her a extra big :hugs from Denmark

ghggp likes this.
  5. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    Wow, that's a really noticeable change in her face. So glad she's feeling better.

ghggp likes this.
  6. sable

sable Premium Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Ohio
    I am so sorry to read the bad news, and I am so happy to read the good news. Wow you have your hands full. Just for Lil' Lady she has a
    pill holder for morning and night, with her thyroid. Lucky had one also for his meds.

ghggp likes this.
  7. Pam

Pam Forums Enthusiast

Mar 4, 2017
    Oh, you have so much going on but the pups are so lucky to have you. Sending thoughts for an easier day today.

ghggp likes this.
  8. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    Her look says "Thanks Mom!" Gland to hear she is looking/feeling better!

ghggp likes this.
  9. ghggp

ghggp Premium Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    IMG_7600.JPG Our little patients...
    Logan and Jasmine!

10. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    Ow wow, that photo reminds me of my two, the big boy with the floppy ears always with the cheeky grin and the sweet little girl with the pensive look and pricked ears.

ghggp likes this.