Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Our poor little Jasmine

Discussion in 'Senior Sheltie Health' started by ghggp, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    What beautiful photos of a glorious group of Shelties. I know you miss them so much. It is beyond awful to lose them close together. I know you will do the best for Jasmine and that she understands how much you and your sister love and care for her.:hugs

ghggp likes this.
  2. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    I'm going to face this kind of loss one day. Bitsy is 12 in January, Annie Laurie is 16 in July, Layla is 12 next month and Beckon turned 8 in May. I try to focus on the lovely days now, strung out like beads on a beautiful necklace.
    ', gin

ghggp likes this.
  3. Ian & Danielle

Ian & Danielle Premium Member

Nov 10, 2017
    Sun Peaks, BC, Canada

Hell,..... I can't fathom what I'd be like with one,.... Let alone multiples.

All I know is that when the time comes, I'm going to be extremely messy,..... Like,.... Next level (& then some),... Messy.

ghggp likes this.
  4. ghggp

ghggp Premium Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Chris, I do feel for you. Nothing prepares you for it.

My hope and prayer is you are able to cherish each day with your wonderful seniors! They are just the best... loving and devoted souls.

Hang in there...

I would have gone out of my mind had I not had Sheltie Nation to rely on! We are here for you!

Hanne and Ian & Danielle like this.
  5. ghggp

ghggp Premium Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    That is exactly why I ended up with multiple Shelties! I had a female originally. She was 14 and some of the vertebra cartlidge broke down in her back. A hereditary issue. She was paralyzed. She was in pain and when I sent her to the bridge I was beyond inconsolable.
    Ended up getting a male from the same breeder... Laddie... then Billy as rescue, Mr. Chance, Jasmine and Logan!

Had I not had multiples I would have gone crazy. As sad as I am from the loss of them... Logan and Baron understand my sadness and comfort me.

Shelties are the only dog for me!

Sharon7 and Ian & Danielle like this.