Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Petsmart buys Chewy.com

Discussion in 'Commercial Food' started by Silaria, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Silaria

Silaria Premium Member

Sep 19, 2008
    Aspinwall, PA
    (I put this hear since many use Chewy.com for dog food. It could easy fit under toys, equipment, general discussion, etc. Please move this if you feel it better belongs somewhere else.)

I just learned through some friends of mine that, earlier today, it was announced that PetSmart was buying Chewy.com. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/petsmart-announces-agreement-acquire-chewy-123200831.html

In the article it states:
    But we all know how things like this end up in the long run. I really hope the level of customer service at Chewy doesn't change. Great customer service is, sad to say, a rarity these days.

tesslynn likes this.
  2. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    Ooooooh no! They always say it will continue to operate independently but you're right, what are the chances. I'll be so disappointed if Chewy changes. It's the best service I've ever used.

3. tesslynn

tesslynn Forums Enthusiast

Mar 3, 2014
    idaho
    I emailed Chewy and voiced my displeasure just to let them know I was saddened by the news, and the response was nothing that is loved about their company will change. But I wonder.

4. k9kreationz

k9kreationz Premium Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Portland, OR
    I just thinking....at least it's not another awesome dog food company being bought out by the big corps and saying, "nothing will change". Versus, at least they just sell products, know what I mean? I haven't used Chewy (shipping wasn't cost effective), so I can't really have an opinion, but I do hope for the sake of all those that do love it, that nothing changes.