Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Petsmile Professional Pet Toothpaste

Discussion in 'General Health' started by ghggp, Aug 8, 2017.

1. ghggp

ghggp Premium Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    After Baron completed his root canal, tooth reconstruction and tooth cleaning the dental vet recommended this product.

Petsmile Professional Pet Toothpaste
    http://petsmile.ca/

• Awarded the VOHC seal for plaque inhibition
    • The only pet toothpaste that requires no brushing
    • Natural London broil beef flavor
    • Safe and food grade ingredients
    I got it for my boys. Has anyone else used this product? Love the fact that it works with no brushing!

2. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    "Love the fact that it works with no brushing"
    Absolutely also for me, but obviously we can not buy it here in the EU (yet)

3. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
  4. ghggp

ghggp Premium Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Yes, I bought it on Amazon!

The canine dental vet told me to just put a dime sized amount on my finger or toothbrush and apply half on the left side then right side of their mouth. He said some dogs like it so much they will lick it off a spoon!

Apparently, the enzymes in the toothpaste stops the tarter from forming on the teeth!

See video...

Ann and Hanne like this.
  5. Margi

Margi Forums Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    I've been looking at petsmile and this stuff...
    http://www.pettura.com/dental-product-for-dogs/
    Fillion just had his teeth cleaned, its way more expensive than these products! Plus he felt like doo-doo for a good 24 hrs.
    I read a lot on the subject, one dog dentist said if you brush every day or even every other day, you will do some good. He said if you're gonna brush once a week, don't even bother LOL

6. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
  7. ghggp

ghggp Premium Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Margi, are you using it daily? Interesting comment on weekly brushing from your vet!

8. Margi

Margi Forums Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    To clarify, my vet didn't say that, a dog dentist on line said that in an article I was reading during my research...

Right now I am using up the Petrodex toothpaste I already had, was looking for a possible better product to buy when it's gone. Looks like its either the petsmile or the pettura...

I did order these toothbrushes which came yesterday.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XHBV23J/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Fillion fought me MUCH less last nite using it than the regular style baby toothbrush I had. He still doesn't like it, but I got to brush much longer with this, its VERY soft!