Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Piper's done it!!!

Discussion in 'Obedience' started by Piper's mom, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Premium Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    https://imgur.com/a/cWqYq

Here's my boy with all his ribbons, we had an absolutely amazing day. First off the Sheltie specialty obedience trial this morning (8:30, early day) where we won High in Class with 192.5 (lost 3 points because my slow wasn't slow enough), we also won a lovely picture of a Sheltie and some dog cookies (for Piper, he deserves that and more!). Later it was the regular obedience where we scored a whopping 197.5 and a High in Class and his CD title! Later in the afternoon it was Rally where we managed to score a High in Class even though I screwed up on the figure 8 (the judge had moved the signs over to accommodate a larger dog right at the end of the walk thru and I should've asked him to show me but I didn't...live and learn lol) we got 89 but would've had 99 but for me but we did get his Rally novice title!
    Tomorrow we have one obedience trial (I'm not moving up, not ready for open yet) so it'll be practice and one Rally where I'm going to move up to advanced. Piper will do better off leash than on. I must say I've enjoyed myself so much this weekend, it was an absolute blast! The breeder is already saying that my next dog will have to be a show dog (so she can have the bragging rights of a champion obedience dog) which I'm fine with lol.

corbinam and Hanne like this.
  2. ghggp

ghggp Premium Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Wooohooo!!!

Way to go Piper!!!!:happy:
    What a great shot of him with his ribbons!

Proud mom! Proud Piper! You guys are my heros!

How wonderful you both had so much fun and scored so well! Piper wanted to make his mom happy! We know he succeeded beyond your expectations and capturing his CD title was icing on the cake!!!!

Piper's mom likes this.
  3. Cara Sandler

Cara Sandler Forums Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    Wow, he does look good in blue! Congratulations!!!!!!!

Piper's mom likes this.
  4. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    Excellent job- love the ribbon with the shelties:yes:
    we knew you could do it...

Piper's mom likes this.
  5. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Premium Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    You can do it too GHGGP...just takes time and patience and faith in your dog! We moved up to Advanced in Rally and managed to get our first leg in that with a score of 98! I only just crammed for the signs for advanced last night and this morning. I really think he did better off leash, the leash is more of a distraction. I'm kinda disappointed its over but we now move on to teaching drop on recall, his retrieves etc...all the open and utility stuff, plus fixing his fronts and finishes. We may not be able to get him into another trial until the spring ( depends on my work schedule), depends too on what's available but we'll be ready. Thanks so much for all the well wishes, it is such a rewarding experience to accomplish something like this especially when the dog truly enjoys it!