Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

pizzle stick question

Discussion in 'Treats & Supplements' started by jdo1217, Mar 24, 2016.

1. jdo1217

jdo1217 Forums Regular

Aug 31, 2015
    Avondale, AZ
    I gave Karma her first pizzle stick this afternoon. Three hours later, having chewed and eaten half of it, she had a very soft stool. Could this be the cause? And so fast?

2. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    Could be. Zulu loves them, but the next day he gets very soft stools. Tried a couple of different brands, same result. Too rich for his tummy.

3. Cara Sandler

Cara Sandler Forums Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    Yep, could be. Anytime I give Spirit something like that I also give her a dose of pro-pectalin, and that seems to head off any problems.

4. jdo1217

jdo1217 Forums Regular

Aug 31, 2015
    Avondale, AZ
    Thanks for the responses. Cara, sounds like Pro-pectalin would be useful to keep around.

5. Cara Sandler

Cara Sandler Forums Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    It's great. Anytime Spirit starts getting runny poop I give her a dose and by later that day she's usually fine.

6. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

Though its wholly natural, I stopped given bull pizzles to my dogs. because my dogs would inhale the last bit without chewing And then upchucking

I decided to switch to Whimzees (kinda like Greenies) to give them their daily chew. It has helped their teeth along with the Tropiclean.

I still recommend bull pizzles but only under supervision.