Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Ruffles' New Ride!

Discussion in 'Other Equipment' started by Ann, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Ruffles traveled in style at my daughter's horse show yesterday in her new pet stroller. Why did it take me so long to get one of these?? It's the best thing for taking a dog to a horse show when I need to help my daughter with the horse and grooming....a safe, shady, ventilated place to chill out. Ruffles loved it. And it has cup holders! :pop

Daughter KC had a great first event of the season, and the temps didn't quite hit 90 so a good day was had by all!

Attached Files:

2. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    I think Cubby would love one of these.

3. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Love the tiger pattern. That photo of your daughter is fantastic, what a shot.

I'm always using a stroller - most of the time it has a dog it in, but I must admit at the market it usually full of shopping! I decided long ago that I didn't care what I looked like, but actually so many people nowadays tell me they'd like to get one. I think it's just a matter of getting over the initial embarrassment.

I've turned mine into a double decker stroller so the cat can come too. http://www.sheltieforums.com/album.php?albumid=587&pictureid=6612 I often have 2 dogs - but Tully won't get in with the cat on top and Deska hates sharing it.

4. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Great picture, Caro...how inventive of you!

Cara, I got mine on Amazon...very inexpensive! You can find far more expensive ones but this one has everything and it's all-terrain which I need for horse shows. I just hope the wheels don't fall off in a week for what I paid, LOL...:uhoh:

5. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Spitfire would think it was a tank and would likely never want out of it :eek2:

6. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Ann,

Your Ruffles is definitely riding in style...is the cup holder for her or for you??? :lol:

Your daughter looks great...hope it was a good day for her!

Trini

7. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Wow! What a great shot of her and her horse in action!
    Was this part of a three day eventing or just cross country only?

We got the same stroller for my sisters senior female sheltie... She loves it.

8. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Thanks! Yes, she's an eventer and does the three phases: dressage, cross country and show jumping. This photo is from a team competition last summer that she won. It's one of my favorite pictures of she and her horse -- an Off-the-Track Thoroughbred that she rescued and trained. She broke her wrist in March slipping on ice while pushing the wheelbarrow and couldn't ride for months so yesterday was her first event back, and she did great, placing in a large field of competition!

9. Jess041

Jess041 Forums Enthusiast

Feb 2, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Ruffles is so cute in her little stroller! Am I the only one who's dog most likely wouldn't stay in the stroller?? lol

10. Hanne

Hanne Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Ann - I never seen a pet stroller before, quite smart, but do not think Minnie would think it was a hit, but of course I have not asked her. :no:

Really great picture of your daughter and her horse in action

Caro - your stroller is really funny - "Tully will not get in with the cat on top and Deska hates sharing it" :lol::lol: they are probably smart Shelties with their own opinions :yes: