Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Sherlock is 21 Weeks(growth question and pics!)

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by TME, Jul 9, 2017.

1. TME

TME Forums Novice

Apr 29, 2017
    Hi all :) I posted a question about buying a sheltie here about 2 months ago and you all were super helpful. We decided to go with him and he's been such a joy!

Here are some pics of him from 12 weeks to now:
    http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/Tiffany_Engen/slideshow/

I was looking at some old posts on sizes and was wondering how big you all would estimate he'll get? He's currently 21 weeks and 13.5", 16.5 pounds so he's a heavy boned boy! At 4 months he was 12 pounds and ~11.75". His weight is going up ridiculously fast but he's just super long right now (I've had someone ask what kind of corgi mix he was:ROFLMAO:). His legs have never seemed super long and coyote like (like in some of the pics that have been posted here) and his adult hair is growing in super slow and longish compared to others. He still has a bunch of puppy hair! Do you think he's just starting his growth or he's going to slow down soon?

SheepOfBlue likes this.
  2. ghggp

ghggp Premium Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    OMG! What a cutie Sherlock is! Congrats on adopting this adorable little soul!

I will leave the size question to other! Just had to chime in on how cute he is!

TME likes this.
  3. TME

TME Forums Novice

Apr 29, 2017
    He's actually ~14" or close to it and 17 pounds at 21.5 weeks

4. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Oh my -- 12 weeks and so beautiful.

When Minnie was 7 months she had her adult height 43 cm and her weight 9 kg.
    - her coat was not finished at all.

Exactly today she is 3 years old, she weighs 11.3 kg. and has a beautiful coat.

TME likes this.
  5. Daisy1015

Daisy1015 Forums Enthusiast

May 2, 2014
    Fresno,ca
  6. Daisy1015

May 2, 2014
    Fresno,ca
    Ps it sounds like he will be a really nice siZe

7. TME

TME Forums Novice

Apr 29, 2017
    thank you Jane and ghggp! :) I'm hoping he'll stay cute as a button
    [/QUOTE]
    Daisy1015 I'm not sure why you can't see it when I click the link it still works...I'll see if I can get another link! And I'd love to see some pics :D did your sheltie growth length whys and then height or is there not a particular pattern it happens in?

8. Daisy1015

May 2, 2014
    Fresno,ca
    44 years of shelties and it could be one way one week and another way the next week! Seriously! Some grow more out of proportion than others like my current sheltie and then my last one was just slow and steady, i was so spoiled, while my mom's same age pup was all out of proportion (same litter too!). For awhile he got cow hocked which he wasnt at 12 weeks but he out grew it and has beautiful hind quarters.

It may be i cant see it on my phone but i can see the pic on the bottom as a puppy. So i know he is cute!

9. Daisy1015

May 2, 2014
    Fresno,ca
    It was a photobucket error. Cuz now i can see them! he is cute, beautiful eye. He reminds me of one of my mom's shelties as a pup. He doesnt look very out of proportion to me for his age! He looks like he will even out.

10. Pam

Pam Forums Regular

Mar 4, 2017
    Hi, He is truly very cute. And his coat is quite fluffy for 21 weeks. Re: size my Beau was 15.25" and 20 lbs at 21 weeks, so quite a bit bigger. We knew he was going to be a big boy. He is now (at adult size) 19+ inches and 40 lbs. So he kept growing and growing. :) Since he was never going to be a show dog, I had no problem with that. Most people ask if he is a collie!