Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Smiling while sleeping

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by dblock, Aug 5, 2013.

1. dblock

dblock Forums Enthusiast

Mar 28, 2011
    philadelphia
    Just out of curiosity Do your babes smile when they sleep?

2. Tabitha

Tabitha Forums Enthusiast

Apr 5, 2013
    Lubbock, Texas
    YES!:lol: It's SO FUNNY! Especially if they decide to let off a little whoof in their sleep. The other day Jody was sleeping with a little smile on his face, lips twitching, and letting out quick little huffs over and over. It looked like he was laughing.:yes:

3. rose

rose Forums Enthusiast

Nov 30, 2011
    washington
    yes, smiling sleeping shelties is soooooooooooooo much better then loud snoring shelties.
    some nights all 3 girls snore, Tessa's is LOUD. Sugar sounds like a sick cow mooing. and Kayla sounds like long drawn out ghost moans.....and they all sleep with me.

4. melbell

melbell Forums Enthusiast

Feb 4, 2013
    Erie, Pennyslvania
    oooh yes. I have tons of pictures of Ruutu asleep with his teeth showing smiling away :smile2: it's so cute. Never saw it until we got him, but his mom and dad both do it as well.

5. Katagaria

Katagaria Forums Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2012
    Ireland
    My boys mainly stick out their tongue when they sleep haha.

I also love that little dreamy bark they do, sounds like they are barking under water!

6. UConn Sheltie

UConn Sheltie Forums Regular

Nov 18, 2011
    Conn
    sleeping shelties

My "failed foster", Lilly has never barked. For the longest time that concerned me until she was asleep, next to me, on the couch. She barked in her sleep! Now I listen for it and have heard it several times since :ick

7. Shelby's mom

Shelby's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    Shelby does not smile when sleeping and rarely makes any noise when sleeping. Hollie used to stick her tongue out, make all kinds of noises. She would even suckle in her sleep.

8. Mignarda

Mignarda Forums Enthusiast

Jan 17, 2013
    Dover, Delaware
  9. melbell

melbell Forums Enthusiast

Feb 4, 2013
    Erie, Pennyslvania
    :lol: He's so cute! Dickens reminds me of my Ruutu. Ruu always seems to have his teeth showing.. what a weirdo. His gums and everything fit over his teeth...yes, he does it so often, I had to check. He's just one smiling pup!

10. Mignarda

Mignarda Forums Enthusiast

Jan 17, 2013
    Dover, Delaware
    Ruutu is a handsome sheltie ... I would say "beautiful," but for some reason everyone seems to confine that word to females, which I find strange!