Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Some Mad Toilet Paper Shredding Skills

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by MissyGallant, Nov 7, 2017.

1. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Premium Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Sheridan, Indiana
    Everyone knows how much Rocket LOVES to shred toilet paper. Last night, I heard that noise. That noise which can only mean one thing. Shredding in the dead of night. Well, in the dark, I found it and took it away from him. This morning when it was light out, I actually bothered to look at the remains. He shredded through a few layers of TP, then decided- no challenge- no fun. And he managed to shred the cardboard holder from inside the roll. Yep, there is half a cardboard roll missing and many layers of TP still in perfect condition where the cardboard should be. I'm impressed by my boy.

Pam, Sharon7, Piper's mom and 2 others like this.
  2. take4roll10

take4roll10 Moderator

Aug 31, 2009
    New York
    HA! My dog also loves shredding paper. If there is a paper towel or tissue within her reach, it will turn into confetti!

3. ghggp

ghggp Premium Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Now that pup has some mad toilet paper skills!

Pam and SheepOfBlue like this.
  4. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Proves the benefit of having a "needle nose"!!! He obviously needed to challenge himself. I came home from the gym this morning to find half a small cardboard box in the den, half in the living room, and a trail of small cardboard pieces that connected the two.....:sneaky:

AND, may I add, yesterday SOMEONE broke through my two foot high garden fence and between digging and tugging, got through the wire enclosing my tomato plant and managed to eat half of the biggest heirloom tomato I had grown all summer.... weather is still mild and tomatoes are coming although slowly. I was going to pick that tomato today..... :devil: grrrrrr.

corbinam, ghggp and Pam like this.
  5. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Premium Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Wow...talented but of course he's a Sheltie! He must've read up on the benefits of tomatoes and decided it was easier to help himself than try to explain it to you:joyful:

6. mimiretz

mimiretz Premium Member

Oct 14, 2014
    denver
    Tomatoes are definitely high on Oberon's favorite snack list. He loves it when I give him a few grape tomatoes with his dinner, and when we have a slice or two left over when we make sandwiches he does his Sheltie dance! We don't have a regular yard, but I am thinking about doing some container gardening next year, and tomatoes would definitely be on the list.

7. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Premium Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Sheridan, Indiana
    OH NO!! NOT THE TOMATO! We have to plant our tomatoes in the front yard because there is no way to keep them off limits if the dogs can get to them.

8. Shelby's mom

Shelby's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    pennsylvania
    Not the tomatoes!! When we had a garden we would plant a cherry tomato plant just for Shelby. She would go out and pick them herself, even if they were still green. She would also steal any veggie (lettuce, turnip greens, etc) if she could get to them

9. Ian & Danielle

Ian & Danielle Premium Member

Nov 10, 2017
    Sun Peaks, BC, Canada
    Drake has discovered wild strawberries,..... We have them growing everywhere on the sides of most of our trails & whenever we pause on our walks, he goes hunting.