Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Something strange is happening at my house

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by MissyGallant, Mar 6, 2017.

1. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Forums Enthusiast

Dec 20, 2011
    Something very odd, unusual, and strange is happening at my house. I'm actually quite worried. I started to notice it on Friday. I got up to use the restroom, and I went by myself. Absolutely not one single dog followed me. Like the entire time, I had to use the restroom unsupervised.

Then, this morning, Dh gets up an hour before I do. Clarabelle jumped onto the bed with me. He was calling her- AND SHE STAYED WITH ME! I don't remember her ever choosing me over daddy.

I'm concerned. Should we see a doggie shrink?

2. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    The DSM-5 (Diagnosis of Sheltie Maladies) says Shelties typically do whatever they stinkin' want. So she's ok. :lol:

3. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    it does sound very strange- unsupervised bathroom use- that is not right:razz::eek2:

4. mimiretz

mimiretz Forums Enthusiast

Oct 14, 2014
    denver
    I would definitely be concerned about the unsupervised bathroom use. I'd wonder what those Shelties were plotting.

5. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Heck, not only have I always been followed into the bathroom by all the dogs, but the cat has gotten into the act as well! :rolleyes2: So yeah, I'd be a bit worried about that aspect. :winkgrin: As far as Clarabelle and the bed, well... a comfy bed with mom is a pretty nice place to be!!!