Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Stacking Help Needed

Discussion in 'Handling Techniques' started by Rachael, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Rachael

Rachael Forums Regular

Jan 15, 2009
    I have been working on Sidekicks stacking, and he's doing better, alot better. I just wanted you guys to look at these photos and give me some pointers. Front legs under him more? back legs further back? Right now I'm teaching him to "stand" and "stay" I'm now able to step back a foot or so, and he'll stay there, but not for long. I'm happy that he at least holds the position I put him in. I'm going to have some people go over him soon, but I'm not rushing anything.
    Also like his "ears"? I can say his name while he's standing there, and he looks at me, but he won't move until I say "break". I'm so happy.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2lmnxqx.jpg
    http://i39.tinypic.com/1zyfuz4.jpg

Sidekicks mouth does fully close, but he was staring at one of my chicken really wanting to chase it, and not wanting to be there. So I snaps a quick pic and said break so I was releasing him instead of him not listening to me.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  2. Rachael

Rachael Forums Regular

Jan 15, 2009
    Stacking

Is he really that bad? I need help guys.

3. mcguiregirl2248

mcguiregirl2248 Forums Enthusiast

Mar 12, 2008
    Britton, MI
    I wouldn't have the first clue as I don't show. I hope someone is able to look at the pics and let you know. He is a cutie by the way!

4. amac

amac Forums Regular

Feb 1, 2009
    I didn't want to interfere with people that know what they are talking about.

I'm highly un-knowledgable about showing.

With that being said: If I was judging he would win...lol! :wink2: He is a handsome booger!

5. Lightplum

Lightplum Forums Sage

Jan 4, 2009
    Rhode Island
    His front legs need to be brought under him a bit more and his back feet brought in together and under him. You dont want to stretch them out when stacking they should be under their hip joints and shoulders when stacking.

This is a quick pic of my girl her right back foot needs to be brought in and over a bit to be correct but that is her "free" stack pose which isnt perfect:wink2:
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30323761&l=718d36a45d&id=1467473653

6. Rachael

Rachael Forums Regular

Jan 15, 2009
    mcguiregirl2248, don't worry about it, if I have friends and mentors on hear it'll be perfect. You'll just have to fall in the friend catagory. Let me tell you now even that can be a chore. lol Thanks.

amac, lol thanks that should count as one of sidekicks majors.

Lightplum, thank you. I will work on it, and then see what you think. So basically its teaching him the proper "Natural" way to stand. But nothing fancy like some breeds. Thnx

7. Narmowen

Narmowen Forums Enthusiast

May 20, 2008
    His back legs need to be closer together.

You want his hocks (back legs) to be perpendicular to the ground.

Please take several different pictures-these would be really helpful!

(Stacked in every picture)

From the front
    From the back

Front legs (just side picture)
    Back legs (just side picture)
    Both front and back legs (from the side, but taken lower than the pictures you currently have.)

8. Rachael

Rachael Forums Regular

Jan 15, 2009
    will do. prob not till thurs. though. I have shopping and church tomarrow. Thnx for taking the time to help me.

9. freya

freya Forums Regular

Jul 28, 2012
    Austria