Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Supplements

Discussion in 'Treats & Supplements' started by Tara, May 2, 2017.

1. Tara

Tara Forums Novice

Apr 25, 2017
    Hello all,

My dog has been diagnosed with arthritis. Does anyone know of organic supplements that help with bone, coat, eye and all over health?

Thank you

2. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    Hi Tara

How old is your Sheltie and what country do you live in?

For an all round supplement you may want to try one designed specifically for seniors, as they tend to include more joint support. I've had noticeable success with the Vetalogica Canine Senior Multi. My male has a winter coat for the first time in years so it's definitely working. For joints I use Pernaease. Most joint supplements will help with coat as they will contain Omegas.

In arthritis (joint) supplements look for those containing Green Lipped Mussel (aka NZ mussel), it's had more scientific support than any other supplement for joints.

Tara likes this.
  3. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    Tara likes this.
  4. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Vibrant Pets Joint Formula. Use the code SHELTIE for a discount.

Tara likes this.
  5. Bailey's Mom

Bailey's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    Massachusetts
    As a natural addition we were told to try bone broth. We froze ours into ice cubes because it lasted longer and it was treated as a treat. We found it helped. It is about time to make up a new batch.

(That was for joint issues)

Tara likes this.
  6. Tara

Tara Forums Novice

Apr 25, 2017
    Thanks everyone!! My buddie is going on 6 years old. We live in the US. Specifically in Minnesota. The changing of weather is a struggle for him. I want to give him something natural and organic, if possible. The vet diagnosed him with arthritis so focusing on getting him a supplement for that specifically may be the best. Thank you everyone for your thoughts. I will be researching all these options!!!