Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

The first line of defense against the snowmen invasion

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by JacqueZ, Mar 15, 2017.

1. JacqueZ

JacqueZ Forums Enthusiast

Oct 4, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
    In the snow Honey and Mango both have a favorite game. They love when I go outside and build little snowmen (and I have to build them on the table, otherwise the dogs prematurely end the game in their excitement.)

Once completed I put the snowmen onto the ground, and Honey and Mango promptly set about tearing them apart with expert digging skills.

No snow-man, -woman, or -child is safe.

Today when I went outside to do it, I started the first one, had it almost finished and was working on the head, and looked over to see Honey had jumped up on the chairs (and they're tall which completely makes a liar out of Honey and her whole, "I can't jump two feet up to get on a bed, won't you get up three times a night to put me back on the pillows where I belong")... so she had jumped up onto the chair and was happily destroying the almost completed snowman before I could put it down and Mango could also join in.

Half the time in the process of trying to dig at the soccer ball sized snowballs they end up rolling them and making them just a little bigger...which leaves Mango barking at it to try and enforce it's cooperation in crumbling.

Hanne, tesslynn and DaGrinch like this.
  2. JacqueZ

Oct 4, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
    "do you want to build a snowman...cause I want to tear it apart, pee yellow on it's toes, eat it's carrot nose, break the sticks it thinks are arms!"

Caro and DaGrinch like this.
  3. mimiretz

mimiretz Premium Member

Oct 14, 2014
    denver
    Nope, they're not spoiled, not at all!

JacqueZ likes this.
  4. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Premium Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Sheridan, Indiana
    I desperately want you to video that. I'm sure its even better than the visual in my mind which is pretty awesome.

tesslynn and JacqueZ like this.
  5. JacqueZ

Oct 4, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
    I was trying to think of how I could manage that, but between me putting the snowman down and turning the camera on I think I would miss all the action! I might be able to enlist my husband if the snow is good for packing tonight.

Margi and corbinam like this.
  6. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    turn the camera on first so you can video the making of the snowman and then the encounter with the puppers.....

7. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    Do you still have snow? I think a video of Sheltie snowman attacks is in order.

JacqueZ likes this.
  8. JacqueZ

Oct 4, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
    It is all melted...but i think more is on the way? You know it's not officially spring in Ohio unless we have a few late snowstorms.

9. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Premium Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Sheridan, Indiana
    You shush! The snow can't get to Ohio without coming through Indiana. And we are done with it. Over it. No more. Time for Spring.

JacqueZ and Cleo2014 like this.
  10. Cleo2014

Cleo2014 Premium Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    HAHAHA! I agree! Shhhhhh!

JacqueZ likes this.