Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

The things they play with

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by MissyGallant, Feb 13, 2017.

1. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Premium Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Sheridan, Indiana
    As I stepped out of the shower this morning, I saw Rocket, Cooper and Clarabelle pouncing down the hallway playing tug with something. It took a second to realize that they were playing a game of three way tug of war with a pair of my sweatpants! So, I decided that I was still wet, that pair already has a tear in the seam, and they are small and can't do too much damage that quickly, and just let them have a few more minutes of play while I dried off and got dressed. Then I chased them down and retrieved their new toy.

JacqueZ, Cleo2014 and Hanne like this.
  2. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Premium Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    They are so funny when they grab our stuff and make a new toy out of it. I've caught Piper with my socks, and gloves but his favourite toy of all are my slippers. They're an old pair of Nuknuk's I got at Costco and he loves it when I take them off and he quickly runs up and steals one and runs off. I make a game of it by pretending I can't catch him (not pretending all the time, he's fast!).

JacqueZ, MissyGallant and Hanne like this.
  3. mimiretz

mimiretz Premium Member

Oct 14, 2014
    denver
    Our clothes are Oberon's favorite! He's especially fond of Lee's socks and t-shirts to play with. Lee's shoes are always good to fight with. I work at home, so I'm usually here. When I do leave, though, it's not unusual for me to come home to find that Oberon has made a nest out of our sleep clothes by the door that he's curled up in.

JacqueZ, MissyGallant and Hanne like this.
  4. MissyGallant

Dec 20, 2011
    Sheridan, Indiana
    That is so sweet. He wants to smell you.

JacqueZ likes this.
  5. Margi

Margi Forums Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Fillion loves to "attack" the socks I take off. He shakes and throws them. So far he hasn't ever put a hole in them!

JacqueZ likes this.
  6. SKNerissa

SKNerissa Forums Enthusiast

Dec 3, 2013
    Kelowna, BC, Canada
    Riley's a sock monster. He's better than a dryer at making them go missing. He lovesto sneek them and parades in front of everyone daring anyone to give chase. If you don't react right away he'll start shaking and then dropping them to again dare you to go for it. Half the time I have no idea where he finds the sock!

7. JacqueZ

JacqueZ Forums Enthusiast

Oct 4, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
    Honey's favorite game is the morning sock chase. I open my sock drawer and she gets me my socks for the day and then I have to run around the table after her a few times to get them to put on. Slippers are also fun, although they both know they aren't supposed to play with them. Honey will just carry them places, Mango likes to shake them, and sometimes I look over to see her with a bone, but sneakily hidden underneath is the slipper she's not supposed to have.

Margi likes this.
  8. Phoebe'smom

Phoebe'smom Premium Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Southern California
    I find my shoes all over the house. Of course if I put them away on a shelf that wouldn't happen. My bad! Phoebe's favorite toy is an empty plastic bottle. She bats it all over the kitchen and finds the noise very interesting.

RikyR likes this.
  9. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    Zulu likes the plastic bottle too. I think it is the crunching sound it makes that turns him on. He also likes a throw away plastic cup to bat around.

10. MissyGallant

Dec 20, 2011
    Sheridan, Indiana
    Cooper took a Cool Whip container out of our "Tupperware" cabinet a few weeks ago and chased it all over the house for over an hour. He had a lot of fun. (Yes my Tupperware is empty Cool Whip, Yogurt, Sour Cream containers and Salsa jars.)

Chris likes this.