Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Time Change

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by MissyGallant, Mar 13, 2017.

1. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Premium Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Sheridan, Indiana
    Rocket loved it because he got to get up early. Annabelle though, Annabelle had me rolling. She dragged a dog bed to the bathroom door and curled up while I was getting ready. She just kept looking at me through half open eyes like she was thinking, "OK- so why are we up so early? Oh. Ok. Because we changed the clocks. Oh. Ok. So explain to me again why we're up so early?"

Ann likes this.
  2. Cleo2014

Cleo2014 Premium Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    That is too funny. Relic was ready as soon as my alarm went off this morning. Cleo took her sweet time getting out of bed. I think she was still tired. Normally she is just as ready as Relic. :lol:

3. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    the alarm woke us all up this morning- was really hard to get out of bed............................

4. take4roll10

take4roll10 Moderator

Aug 31, 2009
    New York
    I was thrilled that my dog demanded her breakfast a little later than usual. I thought she was rewarding me by letting me sleep a little later.... until I realized that the clocks jumped forward and 730am was actually 630am.

Gotta love our dogs' internal clock. Nothing gets passed them!

5. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    Roxy normally wakes me up by 5:30, which is not my normal wake-up time! She was very surprised this morning when I was out of bed before she got to me. All the other dogs were still sound asleep...they're not early risers!

How funny about Annabelle bringing her bed to the bathroom! :ROFLMAO:

6. mimiretz

mimiretz Premium Member

Oct 14, 2014
    denver
    Oberon's just a go-with-the-flow kind of guy. Lee had taken Friday and Saturday off (he usually works Friday through Wednesday; yes, that's six days) because my birthday was Saturday and it was silly to be off Thursday, work Friday and then be off again Saturday. Oberon knows that on days when Lee isn't up at 5 that it's cuddle in the morning time, so he jumps in bed with us and cuddles until we wake up. Since Sunday was a normal workday for Lee and he got up at 5 (even though it was really 4), Oberon just accepted that it was back to normal and got up with him for breakfast and first walk. Then Monday and today were the same.

7. MissyGallant

Dec 20, 2011
    Sheridan, Indiana
    Annabelle always prefers to have her head on a pillow or raised surface. So, if that means dragging a bed around, she will. Or if that means tugging and yanking until a blanket that we've placed on the back of the couch is no longer on the back and is now scrunchable, then she will do that. She is a very funny girl. Love her to pieces.

Cleo2014 and Hanne like this.
  8. mimiretz

mimiretz Premium Member

Oct 14, 2014
    denver
    Oberon has his own pillow, but also uses his toys as pillows. He rarely puts his head flat on the floor.

9. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    We start first summertime here in Denmark on the 26th

Our bedroom is completely dark, so there is no light in.

But Minnie has woken me up the last few weeks about ½-3/4 hours before we usually get up.

I like the summertime, so it fits nicely into our rhythm.

But this shows that our lovable little friends have their natural instincts intact. :yes:
    Maybe good to think about when we should try to satisfy their daily needs.

10. MissyGallant

Dec 20, 2011
    Sheridan, Indiana
    And housebreaking went to pieces last night. I think every dog had an accident. Of course, that could be because they are used to a later potty time. I hate Daylight Savings Time and this stubborn Hoosier wants to go back to the time when Indiana said, "Yep, we're not doing that."