Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Time Change

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by MissyGallant, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    Makes me sad when you all talk about summer coming on, that means we're heading into winter. Now it's Autumn we're finally getting pleasant weather, with days below 30C (86F) and cool nights and we've only got 2 more weeks of daylight savings. It was too darn hot this summer to have long walks so I'm trying to cram everything in before we loose our evening light. Only two more weeks of pleasant evening walks, of evenings sketching at the Arboretum while the dogs potter, of chasing bunnies on campus after classes, and having the wide open spaces and bushland to ourselves. *sniff*

2. Cleo2014

Cleo2014 Premium Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    Oh my gosh I could not agree with you more! CST was so much easier to deal with.... and not changing clocks... ugh...

3. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Premium Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Sheridan, Indiana
    Caro, if your winter was like our winter, you're going to have a long time for long walks. We had pretty mild weather through most of it, and we did Spring right in the middle of winter. Which is why I have daffodils blooming 3 weeks earlier than normal and which is why they are now frozen under the snow that decided to show up 3 weeks after it was in the 60's for weeks.

JacqueZ and Cleo2014 like this.
  4. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    Ditto here. I hate DST, especially starting in March making it so dark again in the morning. What a stupid idea. Statistics show it's not good for people either, with fatigue and accidents increasing. If I had my way, we'd eliminate it entirely.

Margi and MissyGallant like this.
  5. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    Ha ha. I have to laugh, there's one state here who don't turn to DLS so we end up with an extra time zone in summer and boy the jokes about Queenslanders and DLS. And even they're considering giving in and changing. My feeling is - lets keep DLS and not switch the clocks so we have an extra hour in the evening all year around (mornings are always wasted anyway).

I'm already planning the change to the puppies eating schedule for winter hours, it's complicated because of Deska and his medications. I switch his NSAID to mornings, which means in winter it takes about 2 hours of prep and waiting before we can have our morning walk.

6. Margi

Margi Forums Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Yeah we miss our sister in arms state saying oh heck no to the daylight savings! Last thing AZ needs is more sunlight during the summer. We wait till the sun goes down to venture out, like a bunch of vampire bats!:Vamp:
    Koko rises with the sun, so Fillion and I get rousted at an ungodly hour all summer long.

7. Mignarda

Mignarda Forums Enthusiast

Jan 17, 2013
    Dover, Delaware
    Dickens always jumps up on the bed at 8:05 and sticks his nose into my face. Now, when we "sprang ahead," I was sure I'd get an extra hour of sleep because of course he'd be there at 9:05, since naturally dogs can't tell time. He was there at 8:05. I still can't explain it.

Margi likes this.