Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Toby came home!!

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by Jams, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Jams

Jams Forums Enthusiast

Sep 8, 2017
    I got to bring Toby home Tuesday! It had been almost 2 weeks since I'd seen him. I couldn't believe how much the puppies had grown!! I am noticing a lot of differences between 8 wks (when he had the sleep over) and 10 weeks. He's not such a baby!! He's much more cautious in general instead of just running ahead into anything. I showed him the pool again and he's showing a healthy respect for it. Don't worry, I don't trust him! But I can give him more freedom when I'm out on the lanai and he doesn't have to be in the x pen all the time.
    This evening for the first time he did a little zooming around the yard and was more eager to explore the larger part of our L-shaped yard. He fearlessly crashed through all the plants, banana palms, and the many fallen banana palms along the long side of the privacy fence. Little Explorer! Lol This made me so happy because I knew he was comfortable enough to let go and do it. It also made me happy because this time coming home he needed some "warming up" time which he didn't need the first time he was here. The zooming around and exploring showed him just being a happy puppy!
    I have never had a pup so interested and in love with FOOD!! Any food, his, yours, it doesn't matter. He doesn't think I should eat my own food unless he has some, too. Oh dear!!
    Tonight as I was in the kitchen getting 3 bowls of dog food ready I realized I wasn't hearing Toby. As any parent knows that silence can mean a big oh-oh! I found Toby in the laundry room right off the kitchen. He had managed to knock over Shannon's big 24 lb bag of dog food which was about 1/3 full. The bag was on its side on the floor. At first I didn't see Toby because he was small enough to just walk inside the bag where he was busily eating Shannon's food as fast as he could!! Food and that boy!! I'm shaking my head!
    If I have pictures in media, an album I think, can anybody see it? I've had trouble posting pictures but I do have some posted there!
    I have more stories of this spunky Toby but he has kept me so busy I didn't find time to write! He's napping now after the yard guys came through with weed eater and edger and Toby didn't fuss a bit at the noise.
    I will love sharing more tales soon!

Piper's mom likes this.
  2. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    That's fantastic Jams, it sounds like Toby is fitting in wonderfully! Hearing your stories almost makes me miss the puppy that Piper was, he loved to do zoomies in the yard (scared me that he'd run into something when he did it after dark but he never did lol)...they're such silly things when pups, such exuberance for everything! You can copy and paste your pics from any picture sharing site and just post the link.
    I can't wait to hear more stories and pictures of Toby!

3. Hanne

Hanne Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Jams so wonderful to hear that you have got little happy Toby to your home - he sounds like a real Sheltie :lol:

Yes, Zoomies are so cute - unfortunately Minnie do not do it as often anymore.

A sheltie is usually always hungry so important to keep an eye on their weight.
    Normally they should have less than in the instructions.

If you have not read this lovely description of a Sheltie, then you have the link here :yes:
    http://sheltieforums.com/threads/are-shelties-for-everyone.22964/

Jams likes this.
  4. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    OUTSTANDING!!!
    Saw the pictures you posted... he is just the cutest!

Zoomies must be so entertaining to watch!
    I had to laugh out loud at your comment..."As any parent knows that silence can mean a big oh-oh!" Gosh, we have ALL been there!

Can't wait for more tales to come!

Hanne, Thanks for the reminder post... I reread it an just thought it was the best ever post! Miss Trini so much!
    If you have not read this lovely description of a Sheltie, then you have the link here :yes:
    http://sheltieforums.com/threads/are-shelties-for-everyone.22964/

5. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    I would love to see a picture of Toby in the food bag! :pop

6. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    Congrats:yes:
    he is a real cutie:smile2:

be strong about the food and don't share although it sounds like you'll be needing to keep an eye out for stealthy sneaking:winkgrin:

7. Jams

Jams Forums Enthusiast

Sep 8, 2017
    Thanks! I appreciate all tips and advice!

8. Jams

Jams Forums Enthusiast

Sep 8, 2017
    I considered going for the camera but figured he'd eat too much before I got back!

9. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    good choice - you'll be fine:yes:

10. Hanne

Hanne Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Gloria - Yes, you believe I also do, she has such amazing knowledge about dogs - I really enjoyed her posts.

Yes, this link is so nice, I'm also reading it sometimes - just to find out Minnie is actually a real Sheltie :lol::lol::lol:

ghggp likes this.